Wide Receiver stance

Here you go. I noticed this from day one as well and have brought it up before in the recruiting forum. This is actually not the full extent of the low bending stance because he is actually looking up at the QB still. Before the wr's take off, they bend down even lower which has always seemed odd to me.

6_3096345.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I won't pretend to know what I am talking about but:

Swain, who should know, says that the stance presents the receivers chest way to easily to the corner. As Swain says, once the corner has his hands on your chestplate---you've lost as a receiver.

Well they do struggle very much versus press coverage so I could see it. Unfortunately CZA won't figure that out.

I find it very, very interesting that Pacman Jones asked the WR where they learned their stance, if that story is true. Can someone provide a link or verify this?

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong with it. It's not the normal stance... But let's not act like it's the reason we're not throwing the ball.

I see nothing wrong with it. It's not the normal stance... But let's not act like it's the reason we're not throwing the ball.

I don't think that's what is being argued, I think people are using it as an argument for why we are not separating from defenders at the LOS.

Reactions: 4 people
They are in a crouched postion with arms in tight and hands in front of their chest.

Other than how to screw up a life, I wouldn't pay a lot of attention to what Pacman says.
He made mistakes, but seems to have turned his life around. Dude has a 10 year and counting NFL career going for him.

Here's my thing. It's like a hitter in baseball, lot's of different stances etc. No matter how odd it may seem, if he's successful at hitting the ball it leave it alone. If not then obviously he needs some tutoring.

You can be to regimented in what you are trying to teach. Kinda like the punt formation Norte Dame uses where the Oline breaks the huddle and charge sto the line. Ya still kicking the ball, just gimmicks.

I'm thinking the wideouts are being used to help block the line. Who the frig cares what pack man jones says.

It has been talked about on the Swain Event that our Wide outs use a stance nobody has seen before. Also, someone said that when Pac Man Jones was in town working with the wrs that he asked them who showed them that stance? Also said some colorful words about how stupid it was. Swain said he didnt like it because we are not getting any positive results from it and nobody else uses it that can be evidence that it works.

But isn't this the BEST staff in college football?? BOOM??!!??:clap::clap:

I'd say Pac man knows a thing or two about defending receivers. Doesn't surprise me that he would be calling out coaches.

Who would have imagined that a stable of 5* receivers would have a total of 1 catch at this point?

Since we obviously aren't going to use our WRs except as downfield blockers why are we recruiting 5* WRs; all we need are 2* receivers, er blockers. Unleash Dormady!

Since we obviously aren't going to use our WRs except as downfield blockers why are we recruiting 5* WRs; all we need are 2* receivers, er blockers. Unleash Dormady!

If Butch and staff don't get things turned around, recruiting 5 star talent won't be an issue.

GO VOLS!

Forgive me but shouldn't we bring Dooley back to consult for this controversy since he is now a WR coach at a professional level. Might take some of the sting out of the money he is paid to leave. blue font of course.:)

The whole WR stance and over coaching the natural rhythm and style in route running by Coach Z has been criticized by almost every TN sports analyst that covers UT football including the entire Volquest staff, Rockytopinsider, and GOVols247 staff as well! So Pac Man Jones coming in and saying the same thing should not surprise anyone. Again NO one in the nation is doing this besides Coach Z! Not a coach by no means but....

VN Store

Back