Will Dickey be a first basemen in the pros?

Now that the DH is in both leagues, maybe that helps Dickey.

The big leagues and minor leagues are chock full of power hitting first basemen. Dickey will have to hit for more power to be a ML first basemen, and be excellent defensively there. Same thing if he were to be a corner outfielder. If he can catch, play first base and left field, and be a DH, he'll be valuable to some teams, but only if his power increases to ML levels for those positions.

I'm starting to think he's gonna be our starting catcher before too long.
He's certainly getting his opportunity.

Honestly, our catcher situation is rough.

Not to derail, but what's everyone's take on Teares? I haven't had much of a chance to watch him, but I was surprised he didn't get more opportunities against LSU's righties. Is his defense that bad?

He's certainly getting his opportunity.

Honestly, our catcher situation is rough.

Not to derail, but what's everyone's take on Teares? I haven't had much of a chance to watch him, but I was surprised he didn't get more opportunities against LSU's righties. Is his defense that bad?
Bad hammy, he only pinch-hit as we needed a potential big swing. He would would have had to run, he would’ve been out by a mile. If he was healthy, he’d be playing or DH’ing.
defense is fine and probably has the strongest arm on the team

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Bad hammy, he only pinch-hit as we needed a potential big swing. He would would have had to run, he would’ve been out by a mile. If he was healthy, he’d be playing or DH’ing.
defense is fine and probably has the strongest arm on the team
Gotcha. Figured it was something like that. Thanks.

VN Store

Back