Will GameDay be in Knoxville this year?

I think they’re going to Austin on Oct 19th no matter what happens this weekend.

I think you're right. But if Oklahoma beats Texas and Alabama beats Georgia then that would be two 1-loss teams meeting in Austin versus two undefeated teams in Neyland.

Oklahoma and Texas have had a knack of beating each other even when one is perceived to be the far better team. I think Oklahoma has a good chance of upsetting Texas and I got Alabama beating Georgia this Saturday.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If Tennessee beats Arkansas and Florida, I really do think Game Day comes to Knoxville since I would be floored if they weren't at the Cotton Bowl for Texas vs. Oklahoma on October 12th. Game Day can of course feature the same school two weeks in a row, I just don't see it happening.

If we are both undefeated, I don't see how GameDay isn't in Knoxville for TSIO other than that UGA/TX game.

Only other time I see them coming to Knoxville is if we beat Bama and UK is a night game.
But we would probably lose that to a B1G game - either Penn St/ OSU or Oregon/Michigan.

I think you're right. But if Oklahoma beats Texas and Alabama beats Georgia then that would be two 1-loss teams meeting in Austin versus two undefeated teams in Neyland.

Oklahoma and Texas have had a knack of beating each other even when one is perceived to be the far better team. I think Oklahoma has a good chance of upsetting Texas and I got Alabama beating Georgia this Saturday.
Anything can happen. Personally, I think Georgia wins by at least a TD tonight. No matter what, I'm enjoying these types of conversations involving the Vols for a change - 2008-2020 was brutal.

If UT Bama and Tex are all undefeated and uga is one loss, that’ll be two games between top 5 teams. I’m sure it’s happened before, but it certainly isn’t very often in season. Both game settings are really attractive for ESPN. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them try and do some kind “both/and” with a split crew.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If UT Bama and Tex are all undefeated and uga is one loss, that’ll be two games between top 5 teams. I’m sure it’s happened before, but it certainly isn’t very often in season. Both game settings are really attractive for ESPN. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them try and do some kind “both/and” with a split crew.
This would be wise.

The two possibilities are: 1) Bama beats GA and we're both undefeated on Oct 19th. 2) GA beats Bama and so do we, and we're both undefeated when we go to Athens. My gut tells me one or the other, but not both. GO VOLS!!!

VN Store

Back