Will Georgia's Offensive Line be their downfall?

I saw Richt on CFB live yesterday and he was all over the place on his OL. Moving the RT to LT then there's another guy we think can fill in at RT or LT then another....

Plus, MR may be the worst interview ever. It was very hard to watch

One of the biggest surprises I could imagine this cfb season, would be that UGA actually met expectations. I see trainwreck written all over this season for them compared to what they are expecting.

One of the biggest surprises I could imagine this cfb season, would be that UGA actually met expectations. I see trainwreck written all over this season for them compared to what they are expecting.

Putting absurd expectations on a team because they beat Hawaii never ends well

yep. and the more GA fans i talk to, the more they are starting to feel it.....to a man, the ones i've talked to think the #1 ranking is the death blow to the season.

The real problem I see for UGA is Stafford's decision making. He's got a cannon but can he make good decisions? He hasn't done it yet.

Moreno is the real deal but teams will just stack 8 in the box.

The real problem I see for UGA is Stafford's decision making. He's got a cannon but can he make good decisions? He hasn't done it yet.

Great RBs matter, but just aren't what they once were, with the upgrade of speed on the defensive side of the ball.

i was talking to a buddy of mine on the golf course about that Sunday.....he's a GA alum, and he was quick to admit that there's all the hype is based on what he's supposed to do. but can he turn in to the 'all SEC ' type qb he needs to be to meet expectations.

as far as i'm concerned the hype on GA and stafford is a manufactured mess by the national media's lack of understanding bout what really happened last year and in the bowl games.

GA is good. but they are not the #1 team in the country.

UGA is not scary at all. Questionable decision maker at QB. No depth at RB. No playmakers at WR. Injuries at FB/TE. Youth and no depth at OL. The defense is solid but nothing earth shattering.

at this rate i'm going to talk myself in to a W at GA and an L against FL.........

UGA is not scary at all. Questionable decision maker at QB. No depth at RB. No playmakers at WR. Injuries at FB/TE. Youth and no depth at OL. The defense is solid but nothing earth shattering.
when has depth at RB been an issue for a team with a stud? Remember after Meach & Co's sophomore season when we thought we had no playmakers at WR?

I agree with the QB, OLine and D comments.

when has depth at RB been an issue for a team with a stud? Remember after Meach & Co's sophomore season when we thought we had no playmakers at WR?

I agree with the QB, OLine and D comments.

When does UGA ever have playmakers at WR? No receiver ever lives up to the hype at UGA.

Green has a hip flexor.

When was the last time UGA relied exclusively on a single back? Never during Richt's tenure and Moreno has no chance of lasting the whole season with that OL and the lack of explosiveness in the passing game unless another RB steps up.

Green has a hip flexor.

When was the last time UGA relied exclusively on a single back? Never during Richt's tenure and Moreno has no chance of lasting the whole season with that OL and the lack of explosiveness in the passing game unless another RB steps up.

I remember reading that. I was talking more about over his career than this year specifically.

Caleb King is the next Hershal Walker. Haven't you heard?

Green has a hip flexor.

that's odd. Barry Sanders lasted just fine in the NFL with no real passing game and a shoddy OLine. Ditto OJ and Sweetness.

They've now lost 3 starters from last year's OL and are very, very young. That doesn't bode well for the run game no matter how good Moreno is... plus, none of his backups have any experience at all.

that's odd. Barry Sanders lasted just fine in the NFL with no real passing game and a shoddy OLine. Ditto OJ and Sweetness.

just want to be sure but you're putting Moreno on the same level as 3 of the greatest RB's?

They've now lost 3 starters from last year's OL and are very, very young. That doesn't bode well for the run game no matter how good Moreno is... plus, none of his backups have any experience at all.
Losing the left tackle tells me the QB will have a confidence problem on deep routes, he'll be thinking about the pass rusher over there against how long he's holdin the ball. May cut down Georgia's pass game to basically slants and curls.

My bad. I completely forgot that Moreno was already named a future HOFer based on one pretty good year in college.

Moreno is pretty good. He'd need to be the second coming of H. Walker to lead UGA to the title. That part is not happening.

VN Store

Back