Will practice against Milton help the secondary?

Teaching them to run while turning around to spot the ball would HELP!

I just think Martinez is "sub-par' at best.
It’s strange with Martinez. The guy has tons of experience and has been at a lot of top-tier programs, so obviously he’s highly thought-of by other coaches. I like him and hope to see good improvement this year. Hopefully more depth and talent does the trick.

Since Milton throws the ball so hard and fast all of the time, will this help our secondary against other teams that will appear to be in slow motion?
Joe doesn't throw the ball hard and fast all the time. Video posted today those passes where perfect. I think it's clicked.
Our secondary needs to learn to look for the ball. WR looking back for the ball and our secondary keeps on trucking right through the guy instead making a play on the ball.
If Martinez doesn't have them looking good this year, he needs to go

Practice always helps you improve. If you can break up one of his passes, in practice, it will slow the game down no doubt. His ball is coming at the fastest speed in college.

Hooker was a pretty good QB. Practicing against him didnt seem to do much for us. Better coaching/athletes would be the key.
And just a small improvement in the pass rush and we should see good improvement IF the coaching is there in the secondary. Full disclosure: I have no confidence in CWM.

Since Milton throws the ball so hard and fast all of the time, will this help our secondary against other teams that will appear to be in slow motion?

What??? Definitely not. Our offense was better last year under Hendon than I expect them to be this season , it definitely didn't help our D last year. So I'm saying definitely not.

Unless things have changed, I believe it's a rare occurrence that You get 1s v 1s, so the DBs He'll face in practice might be scout teamers or fringe rotational players. If You're referring to DBs that will see significant playing time.... I wouldn't think they would face Him enough in practice to see a benefit.

Will you stop with the trolling acting like you didn't see Milton have complete control over the offense the last 2 games of last season and one of them a thumping of Clemson. Players get better and make improvement garnered from good coaching.

Nope, Willie is proving he is no better teaching DB's the second go around here. I sincerely believe if they are no better, he is gone.

This year will help the world to decide who has credibility, CWM or his detractors. If they vastly improve this year we can discount his prolific posting detractors oft shared critiques. If not CJH can deal with it. But we should not have to deal with a lot of bandwidth issues on the subject.

Nope, Willie is proving he is no better teaching DB's the second go around here. I sincerely believe if they are no better, he is gone.
We had several good DBs back in the day. He turned Justin Coleman from awful to NFL DB, Sutton was one of the best we ever had, Moseley went from a 145 lb QB to NFL DB, Gaulden was really good here and got drafted.

I think he's turned Slaughter into a very solid CB. Turnage has shown flashes. We'll know for certain after this year how good he is as he has plenty of talent and experience this year.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Hint when criticising the DBs.

One should use Banks/Martinez when discussing the coaching of the defensive backfield.

if discussing safeties use Banks and if discussing cornerback use Martinez.

But just talking Banks or Martinez with defensive backs is not how they are coached.

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
Teaching them to run while turning around to spot the ball would HELP!

I just think Martinez is "sub-par' at best.
As a world-class, defensive back myself, I always kept an eye on the ball, especially as it was laying there in the center’s hand. Once it moves from that spot, I was screwed. Just like most everyone else. Defensive backs have to be Jedis in today’s football.

Hint when criticising the DBs.

One should use Banks/Martinez when discussing the coaching of the defensive backfield.

if discussing safeties use Banks and if discussing cornerback use Martinez.

But just talking Banks or Martinez with defensive backs is not how they are coached.

You aren’t a college coach

VN Store

Back