Will the secondary be vastly improved?

BOP

Let's face it, this is the question. If our secondary isn't any better both in coverage and tackling it is going to be another losing season. If the secondary gets noticeably better, it could be a competitive team. What are the thoughts on this?

we have our leader back, a couple of playmakers, and we won't be playing cb's that run a 4.6-4.7 with no pads on

I agree. we will play a simple 4-3 . The CB's will not be doing all that thinking + more speed + a year older + better system = improvement

Reactions: 3 people
What corners are projected to start. Depth chart?

not Teague, not PW and no Sal/Dooley is all I need, really. CB is about confidence, guts, and a little speed and I think our staff will find it. We are pretty solid up the middle and our cb's shouldn't have to cover as long with better play out of the front 7 on d as well.

not Teague, not PW and no Sal/Dooley is all I need, really. CB is about confidence, guts, and a little speed and I think our staff will find it. We are pretty solid up the middle and our cb's shouldn't have to cover as long with better play out of the front 7 on d as well.

Whenever people hype up any member of our secondary I just think of their play and I just can't imagine coaching making you that bad. Maybe Randolph has a case. I guess Brewer has played decent ball at times and Moore has made some plays. Maybe you are right about safety. I just don't think we have a single corner who can play at all. Im just hoping they can be coached to a below average level instead of downright atrocious.

Come to think of it, It actually wasn't horrendous until that guido from Florida destroyed Teague and ran like 80 yards up the sideline. It completely fell apart after that. Weird.

There's good talent back there, they were poorly coached last year, so no Sal on the sideline = big improvement.

Reactions: 1 person
some young guys are going to have to step up. R' Jones needs to be able to play some corner. Coleman gets another shot, and he needs to step up.
I do see Tino Thomas on the depth chart. Is that accurate? I didn't know he was on the team.

Come to think of it, It actually wasn't horrendous until that guido from Florida destroyed Teague and ran like 80 yards up the sideline. It completely fell apart after that. Weird.

4.7 Teague on an island on 3rd and 14 with no help on the wide side of the field against their 4.3 wr was brilliant as well

Then why ask ?.. we couldn't get any pressure last season and this season we moved back to the 4-3 I think you will see a better defensive front and that alone makes our CB's better!

Vastly improved could still be bad. But to say their is good talent in our secondary is a major stretch to me. It's very mediocre. Let's just hope they play mediocre rather than awful.

Honestly, it couldn't have been much worse than the secondary from last season. I'm not expecting a top-10 pass defense in the country from UT this season, but the improvements will be evident to those that watched most of the games last season.

You're right, that was before the weak tackle attempt wasn't it.

No kidding. I was sitting with my 9 yr old and he says, "dad, they better put somebody else over there and help that guy", as the offense and defense lined up.

Maybe we can cover a tight end over the middle this year. Seems like the middle of the field was wide open all year long last year.

VN Store

Back