Would it be a major surprise if Nico didn’t win a title here, but George did?

Teams win championships, sure a good quarterback is vital. I do think we will competitive in conference and nationally year in and year out for the upcoming future. GBO

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Wouldn’t surprise me. Nico has a lot of talent around him but Heupel is really starting to hit his stride in recruiting. I think GMac and Merk will have more talent and depth around them by the time they are draft eligible. Nico does imo have the highest ceiling by far though and I think he’s going to be a damn good QB for us.

Did someone else win the SEC in 97?
You said titles. I assumed national, because my hopes are high. And with the playoff, as long as we’re in and have a shot at a Natty, I don’t care all that much about conference champs. Doesn’t make sense to care more about regionals than nationals. If we lose by 14 in Atlanta and go on to win the playoffs, we’ll be just fine with Heup.

I'm the cautious one because I have a lot of history since I'm 76 and have been going to UT games since the 60s. If you are fortunate enough to witness one national title during your lifetime with Tennessee winning it, feel blessed. I have my one and hope for a second one before I go but I understand the realities.

My very good friend that traveled with me to many games outside of Neyland stadium and was a die hard Tennessee fan was unfortunate to have lived and then died without ever seeing them win one. He passed in 1997.

No one knows at this point what changes are going to be made in the next few years within college ball. The SEC will be more difficult to win in for all teams starting in 24 than ever. Future changes could make it even more difficult to get opportunities to win a NC.

If you're only talking SEC title, yes, I'm ready for one of those right now. Getting that seems almost as difficult as getting an NC for Tennessee. That will be hard to achieve as well.

Hopefully the talent around the QB position continues to get better. If Nico's as advertised and he's only here 3 years, the overall talent might not be good enough this year to win it all which would only give him his junior year to do it.

Reactions: ttocswob

VN Store

Back