Would Pruitt still have a show cause now ?

There is NIL and there is cheating. There was no point in time where he thought he was working in the gray or walking that fine line. He was cheating and he knew it
Shocking that he never cheated at prestigious programs like Georgia and Bama. I’m sure the ncaa vigorously investigated all of his previous employers as well.

Well, if they were 3-7, or 3-8 one year they may have... :cool:
You also had a coup as well by Fulmer and Anderson to wrest control of the AD out from Haslam and his flunkies as well. There were a lot of political dynamics going on behind the scenes there. Pruitt was doomed to fail from the start even if he had been a better coach.

The fact that Pruitt was on the left in the diagram below (part of the university), acting as if he were on the right (dealing $$$), is why even today he would still get a show cause.

1709032762176.png

I'ma mail this to the NCAA. It's the solution to all their problems, if they can just embrace it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArdentVol
LOL, The NCAA didn't investigate us vigorously until we called them and told them to come on over.
That’s true

On a semi-unrelated note, I wonder how much money the university spent in legal fees, relative to how much we “saved” by avoiding paying Pruitt, his $14M buy out clause? Even if we came close to breaking, even or losing a little bit of money on it, at least he ended up not being our coach any longer, and that — to me — was worth it.

That’s true

On a semi-unrelated note, I wonder how much money the university spent in legal fees, relative to how much we “saved” by avoiding paying Pruitt, his $14M buy out clause? Even if we came close to breaking, even or losing a little bit of money on it, at least he ended up not being our coach any longer, and that — to me — was worth it.
Not sure. The negative publicity and effect on recruiting definitely cost us as well. You have to wonder if Tennessee were cleaner on getting Pruitt out if Heupel would’ve still been White’s pick? Either way it worked out well for us.

Reactions: supersmo18
Pruitt... Terrible coach... Wonderful human being, Remember, he kept paying kids and kids families out of his own pocket AFTER he got canned. It was wrong to pay those guys back then, but he kept his word to those people so they didn't also suffer. That deserves credit, no matter how horrible of a coach he was.

Shocking that he never cheated at prestigious programs like Georgia and Bama. I’m sure the ncaa vigorously investigated all of his previous employers as well.
I can't speak for Bama but I can promise you Richt and Pruitt butted heads on multiple occasions about Pruitt's desire to go rogue. He had burner cell phones collected and was being watched. Regardless of whether Richt was going to be retained or not, Pruitt was not going to return to UGA because he was an idiot. The issue at Tenn is he wasn't working for a coach he admired (Saban) or a coach that tried to operate according to the rules (Richt) he was turned loose with his own team. Honestly, Pruitt was too stupid and reckless to ever have been hired as the head man at a prime job.

Pruitt... Terrible coach... Wonderful human being, Remember, he kept paying kids and kids families out of his own pocket AFTER he got canned. It was wrong to pay those guys back then, but he kept his word to those people so they didn't also suffer. That deserves credit, no matter how horrible of a coach he was.
It wasn't wrong. The NCAA was wrong to make it against the rules and ignore their pet programs for doing it under the table.

There is NIL and there is cheating. There was no point in time where he thought he was working in the gray or walking that fine line. He was cheating and he knew it
There is also cheating within a well orchestrated system that keeps the coaches and university at a distance and there is blatantly cheating in the open while giving the ncaa the middle finger. Pruitt was as bad at cheating as he was at coaching.

Do you think Bama and Georgia fans, or anyone else was stupid to turn him in?
He got careless here and a whistleblower went up a layer or two. That level cannot afford a coverup charge if the whistleblower went direct to the press or NCAA.

BUT what he did THROUGH internal channels and WITH AD money is not covered by ANY NIL court decision.

VN Store

Back