Would Pruitt still have a show cause now ?

A nationwide legalization of Marijuana would not get anyone in prison for charges related to it automatically free. A crime or violation is still an illegal act and you can be punished for them even if they become legal later. Now the government can provide amnesty to all non-violent offenders at their discretion, just like the NCAA could remove probation and penalties for offenders that did stuff that is not against the rules now, but again would be their discretion and wouldn’t be automatic.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Good thing for us it was illegal then, otherwise we would still be stuck with that jabronie and Heupel would be at A&M or something.

Pruitt... Terrible coach... Wonderful human being, Remember, he kept paying kids and kids families out of his own pocket AFTER he got canned. It was wrong to pay those guys back then, but he kept his word to those people so they didn't also suffer. That deserves credit, no matter how horrible of a coach he was.
My opinion of him is pretty complicated. He did come after the program legally but he also spoke up for Tennessee in the ncaa investigation. Always thought he was kind of a butthole but at the same time I know he did pay for a recruits family’s medical expenses as well. I do believe the guy was absolutely about helping players and their families out but also he had some severe issues as well.

Reactions: ArdentVol
There is also cheating within a well orchestrated system that keeps the coaches and university at a distance and there is blatantly cheating in the open while giving the ncaa the middle finger. Pruitt was as bad at cheating as he was at coaching.
Nah, he was just used to everyone being on the same page as far as cheating.

Reactions: cgrish
There is NIL and there is cheating. There was no point in time where he thought he was working in the gray or walking that fine line. He was cheating and he knew it
Imo Pruitt did what he learned at his previous jobs. Just didn't have the cover up in Knoxville, as the other schools had.

Reactions: DonDiego
My opinion of him is pretty complicated. He did come after the program legally but he also spoke up for Tennessee in the ncaa investigation. Always thought he was kind of a butthole but at the same time I know he did pay for a recruits family’s medical expenses as well. I do believe the guy was absolutely about helping players and their families out but also he had some severe issues as well.
So when he threatened to spill his alleged dirt on all of the other Tennessee athletic teams in order to get his full buyout, was he thinking of those non-football athletes also?

Was it okay to subject basketball, baseball, softball, track, golf, tennis and other sports to possible NCAA penalties so he could get his $12+ million if he gave a few thousand to football players?

The desire to now transform Pruitt in to some tragic and honorable victim of circumstances beyond his control is puzzling to me.

Reactions: volfanhill
Not sure. The negative publicity and effect on recruiting definitely cost us as well. You have to wonder if Tennessee were cleaner on getting Pruitt out if Heupel would’ve still been White’s pick? Either way it worked out well for us.
I just re-read my own post after you quoted it, and realized how voice texting stupidly breaks up the sentence structure.

Holy excessive comma use, Batman. 😲

Reactions: DaddyChad
😂 honestly I didn’t even notice. It’s much better than the wall of text some use.
After reading this article, I think I found the answer.

From December 2022 to February 2023, UT paid almost $84,000 in legal fees for general advising from BSK attorneys on the future NIL case, documents show. During that same period, it paid $86,000 in legal fees for their work on the Pruitt case.

Shocking that he never cheated at prestigious programs like Georgia and Bama. I’m sure the ncaa vigorously investigated all of his previous employers as well.
The NCAA hypocrisy knows no bounds whenever they show up in Knoxville instead of Tuscaloosa or Athens 😂
8C9C5E12-4C5C-4313-AC55-02E02B1B938C.gif

Reactions: VolDave53
I don’t think it’s about infractions not being infractions anymore, I think it’s about committing violations when the infractions existed.

VN Store

Back