Would T Martin be in the 50 best QBs of the BCS era?

Sheik Yerbouti

Class of 2000
College Football's Top 50 Quarterbacks of the BCS Era | AthlonSports.com

Athlon doesn't seem to think so. I really have no idea how some of these people made this list over the QB from the winner of the first BCS NC game. Also, the ordering is a bit mind boggling. For example, they have Aaron Murray on there, and ranked higher than David Greene. That's a stumper.

Where would you have put Tee?

You can go ahead and throw out the non-SEC QBs. The difference in defenses is astounding.

Maybe they are just going by statistics. His best qualities were leadership and determination. That's not easy to quantify or measure relative to another player but it shows out in results. They are probably going on passing stats. If they are he probably isn't in the top 50. You are talking about 15 years worth of Div 1 QB's. There are a lot with flashier stats than his. Also have to consider we had some stud runners he could hand off to that didn't help his stats either.

Any QB that has led his team to a BCS title should be on the list, regardless of stats.

Reactions: 3 people
That list is crap. I couldn't find any on there that only started one season. That may be the strike Tee has against him. But, I'd put Erik Ainge on that list above half of them. And how is Eli Manning #22. The article says "He is one of the greatest talents of this generation." How is he just the #22 QB of this generation. I think the article was too big on overall team success and not enough emphasis on individual QB play.

Reactions: 1 person
College Football's Top 50 Quarterbacks of the BCS Era | AthlonSports.com

Athlon doesn't seem to think so. I really have no idea how some of these people made this list over the QB from the winner of the first BCS NC game. Also, the ordering is a bit mind boggling. For example, they have Aaron Murray on there, and ranked higher than David Greene. That's a stumper.

Where would you have put Tee?

I'm not sure why winning the 1st BCS title makes Tee Martin better, but on talent alone I think he's better than several on this list. Had FSU beaten UT, would Marcus Outzen deserve to be on the list? IMO, no.

Still, Tee should be on there. Ainge was left off because of the '05 debacle.

Josh Heupel but no Tee? Not even in the top 75? Manziel is on the list after 13 games? The first two are not disputable, everything after that is gibberish.

Any list of best QBs of the BCS era should include the first to win the championship!

Any QB that has led his team to a BCS title should be on the list, regardless of stats.

I agree, and Tee is probably getting "penalized" because he only had one year. Since he was only a starter his senior year and it was the first year of BCS, his stats are difficult to compare with guys who had 2-4 years.

I agree, and Tee is probably getting "penalized" because he only had one year. Since he was only a starter his senior year and it was the first year of BCS, his stats are difficult to compare with guys who had 2-4 years.

Are you eating paint chips?

Martin was the starter in '98 & '99. He had 2 years as a starter in the BCS era.

Reactions: 1 person
Holding the record for most consecutive completions should have put him in there. I know it's been broken since.

If we went off individual success purely...heck, I'd put Andre Woodson in there. Broke ncaa record for most completion w/out int.

Didn't he start both years? And iirc, BCS bowls as well?

VN Store

Back