Would you be in favor of UT Revamping the Priority Seating ?

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Change up the grandfathered arrangement and allow some of the better seats to be purchased? I have attended UT football games for nearly 45 (donated/season ticket holder) years and it seems all the great seats on the fifty yard line etc., have been taken for years. I like a chance at actually purchasing some top quality seats. Is this a reasonable request?

There are some open in sections C, D, & CC. I assume you're referring to the West sideline, though.

I would bet if you called the ticket office and explained your request they would find a way to get you in there.

Change up the grandfathered arrangement and allow some of the better seats to be purchased? I have attended UT football games for nearly 45 (donated/season ticket holder) years and it seems all the great seats on the fifty yard line etc., have been taken for years. I like a chance at actually purchasing some top quality seats. Is this a reasonable request?

Yes, I think they should at least check for a pulse, the grandfather seating is fine as long as gram pa is still alive. I get mad to see the visiting team seating in those seats, because family's just hang on them so they can make money on the grand father seats.

Good seats can be had because every season people pass away or give them up for financial and other reasons.

Probably need to make a call, but be prepared to shell out some large donation $$$$.

One of my customers gave seats up in T, midway up. He was grandfathered and said he didn't want to go through the hassle of trying to find somebody to buy them. I would have bought those tickets every year! I'm sure with the team being down, the economy still questionable, that you could upgrade your tickets though.

50 yard line seats were available in the west club and TN terrace over the last few years.

you may not be able to get 50 yard line, but i would bet that you can get great seats right now between the 40s -- just a phone call, and either the $1500 or $2500 donor level, away.

you gots to pay to play.

I think this is a problem as well. I don't know how prevalent situations like this are, but I know of some people who received season tickets through their work back in the 50s and 60s. They never paid a donation, and even though they left the job shortly after getting the tickets, they have never paid a single donation. And yet they have prime seats on the 50 yard line. Of course those people are old, and they have been able to pass them on to their kids. The kids don't care about UT and normally sell them for profit to the highest bidder (often visiting fans). I don't know what will happen when they die... but these arrangements definitely need to be corrected. If not in the name of fairness, than certainly for UTAD's financial situation. They can use all the donations they can get.

I'm guessing your UT fandom will end before you get my grandfathered tickets

golfballs it is my understanding that everyone who has priority seating is now required to make a VF donation.

those who were grandfathered over the years were allowed to keep their seats if they made the requisite donation. if they chose to not donate, they lost their seats. this change was made a few years ago.

Reactions: 1 person
We got tickets there in the last time we beat bama. Granted we paid over $400 bucks for one seat but we did manage to get 4 seats.

golfballs it is my understanding that everyone who has priority seating is now required to make a VF donation.

those who were grandfathered over the years were allowed to keep their seats if they made the requisite donation. if they chose to not donate, they lost their seats. this change was made a few years ago.

I see. Well it's been a couple years since I've spoken to one of their kids..

Not true.

I know of grandfathered seats that have never had to and currently does not have to make a donation.

Speaking of seats, I think the SEC should adopt a rule that ALL seats sold to opposing fans have to all be together & should be the worst seats in the stadium! Each school divides opposing fans up & usually give most of the fans the bad seats, but I get tired of opposing fans at Neyland Stadium getting so many good seats. I'm glad they moved the majority of them to the south upper EZ, but there are still too many in Sections A, B & C!
That's my rant for the day!

Speaking of seats, I think the SEC should adopt a rule that ALL seats sold to opposing fans have to all be together & should be the worst seats in the stadium! Each school divides opposing fans up & usually give most of the fans the bad seats, but I get tired of opposing fans at Neyland Stadium getting so many good seats. I'm glad they moved the majority of them to the south upper EZ, but there are still too many in Sections A, B & C!

Unfortunately, if the visiting team brings their band, they have to be in the lower section. Liability issues and noise factors.

Not true.

I know of grandfathered seats that have never had to and currently does not have to make a donation.

Partially true. Those with grandfathered seats between the 20 yard lines were required to make a donation to keep their seats. Otherwise, they were moved to the end zones.

There are still many grandfathered season ticket holders in the ends that did not have to move and do not have to make a donation.

There are a very small number of ticketholders inside the 20s that are retired UT staff or other special circumstances that were allowed to keep their seats without a donation.

The total number of season tickets between the 20 yard lines on each side that are purchased without a donation is less than 1,000.

Reactions: 1 person

Those seats go to visitors because there is an SEC rule that requires the visitor sideline to be removed from the home student section by at least 10 rows, so UT sells those first 10 rows in B, C, and D to opponent fans to create the required buffer. Section A is for the opposing band and opposing player families, which are seats that are required to be in the lower level, also per SEC rules.

Just call the Tennessee Fund. They know how much you have given and for how long. You can requests better seats. If you are eligible and they are available, you can have them. They can't give them to you if they don't know that you want them.

There are no 50 yard line seats available in the West Club area. If there were, you'd have to come up with about $25,000 per year for donation and seats.

yes--open up all the seats to the highest bidders--UT can millions selling these 50 yard line seats and pay off some of that massive debt

yes--open up all the seats to the highest bidders--UT can millions selling these 50 yard line seats and pay off some of that massive debt

Not sure if serious. Maybe in the 90's but not today.

You my friend deserve it.:salute:

Just call the Tennessee Fund. They know how much you have given and for how long. You can requests better seats. If you are eligible and they are available, you can have them. They can't give them to you if they don't know that you want them.

There are no 50 yard line seats available in the West Club area. If there were, you'd have to come up with about $25,000 per year for donation and seats.

50 yard line in the WC was $100,000 buy in, then $10,000 annually.

You had to really, really want them.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back