Would you be in favor of UT Revamping the Priority Seating ?

50 yard line in the WC was $100,000 buy in, then $10.000 annually.

You had to really, really want them.

The donation is paid over 5 years and the $10,000 is paid annually for tickets and parking. This is for a pair. They are not sold separately.

We got tickets there in the last time we beat bama. Granted we paid over $400 bucks for one seat but we did manage to get 4 seats.

last time I got seats in that section was when chuck Webb ran for 298 against ole miss .also got to stand on the 50 yard line with the team and when we went right outside the locker room and I got to shake hands with Archie Manning well before the Manning name became awesome and great at UT . He was a really nice guy .I was lucky that year saw the Vols play every home game and at ky and another road game 9 in all. It is very hard to try that in the last 20 years.

The donation is paid over 5 years and the $10,000 is paid annually for tickets and parking. This is for a pair. They are not sold separately.

correct. and don't forget the fine dining that is included along with the tickets and the parking pass.

even if one had the cash and the desire it may not have been possible to get a pair right on the 50 as there was a pick order based on donor rank ie how much money had already been given over the years.

similar situation for the TN terrace, but less cash outlay.

my overall point being that it was possible to get 50 yard line seats within the last few years, and i believe that it is possible to get good seats right now if willing to cough up the $1500/$2500 annual donation -- contrary to the OPs premise that "the better seats are grandfathered and can't be purchased."

Short answer, no. Those people have those seats because of prolonged loyalty to the football program. Once they either give them up or die then let others by them, but it would be HORRIBLE PR for the AD if they started running off people who had been season ticket holders for 40-50 years just so they could try to get massive donations from other people. IIRC, the buy in yearly is 5k a seat on the west sideline for non-grandfathered people, and I bet they'd have a hard time replacing everybody they ran off at those rates.

Reactions: 2 people
50 yard line seats were available in the west club and TN terrace over the last few years.

you may not be able to get 50 yard line, but i would bet that you can get great seats right now between the 40s -- just a phone call, and either the $1500 or $2500 donor level, away.

you gots to pay to play.

We got tickets there in the last time we beat bama. Granted we paid over $400 bucks for one seat but we did manage to get 4 seats.

I'm going to enjoy my $10 seats while i can then...

For many years I had upper deck west side tickets and loved them. The Terrace forced me out. As a donor, I was offered lower level west seats or I could have end zone seats with "rights" without donating. Since I donated anyway, I took the lower sideline seats and in the following years have improved them 3 times and now have seats I love (on the aisle below the walkways).

Change up the grandfathered arrangement and allow some of the better seats to be purchased? I have attended UT football games for nearly 45 (donated/season ticket holder) years and it seems all the great seats on the fifty yard line etc., have been taken for years. I like a chance at actually purchasing some top quality seats. Is this a reasonable request?

there are plenty available just call them. I had 6 of my seats moved 2 years ago to be closer to 4 others I have. there were 6 seats right behind (section B) my original 4. Now have stacked, 4 on Row 20, 4 row 21 and 2 row 22. from looking at map of stadium, there are seats everywhere.

So section T under the overhang with parking garage pass is good stuff?

Watched everybody below us pile into the hallways during a sweet thunderstorm last year at the beginning of a game while we sat under the overhang.

VN Store

Back