Wow. Miami moved up 12 spots for beating FSU

Volnanza

After watching FSU play BC last night, I would rank BC ahead of Miami. Bc dominated the LOS all night long. Either way they are way over ranked. Of course ND is the MOST over ranked team every year. They play nobody the rest of the way are in the top 5 now.

Reactions: onevol74
After watching FSU play BC last night, I would rank BC ahead of Miami. Bc dominated the LOS all night long. Either way they are way over ranked. Of course ND is the MOST over ranked team every year. They play nobody the rest of the way are in the top 5 now.
Miami beat Florida, not FSU.

Miami and FSU don’t play until the end of October.

That is not the problem. They got me wondering whether Florida or FSU is worse and it’s gonna be dang near forever to find out.

Regarding ND: its my understanding that ND can not get a 1st round bye because they are not in a conference. It would ALMOST be worth them finishing in top 4 to get the snub. Lol

Easy to confuse those two fanbases...both have red-ish shade necks.

Gators have the mullet.

I'm not sure who has it worse, us Gator fans or FSU fans.

On the one hand we were embarrassed by Miami, at home, and looked like we've gone backwards in every aspect of the game. The pressure on Napier is immense and if the rest of the season goes as poorly as it appears likely to go, he may be out of a job soon and the team will lack any consistency heading into recruiting, transfers, and the like, and it could easily be 2-3 years before we even drift in the right direction, much less actually improve markedly.

On the other hand, expectations this year were low at UF and obviously FSU has turned out to be an enormous disappointment. They were ranked 10th and have lost their first two, including at home, as a two touchdown favorite. And their offense looked like absolute garbage in the process.

Not sure which is worse.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land

On the one hand we were embarrassed by Miami, at home, and looked like we've gone backwards in every aspect of the game. The pressure on Napier is immense and if the rest of the season goes as poorly as it appears likely to go, he may be out of a job soon and the team will lack any consistency heading into recruiting, transfers, and the like, and it could easily be 2-3 years before we even drift in the right direction, much less actually improve markedly.

On the other hand, expectations this year were low at UF and obviously FSU has turned out to be an enormous disappointment. They were ranked 10th and have lost their first two, including at home, as a two touchdown favorite. And their offense looked like absolute garbage in the process.

Not sure which is worse.

In this instance FSU fans as they were expected to be somewhat good (most expected a drop off from 2023). ACC is trash right now.

Regarding ND: it’s my understanding that ND can not get a 1st round bye because they are not in a conference. It would ALMOST be worth them finishing in top 4 to get the snub. Lol
I am pretty sure that is correct. Not being in a conference also helps them though because they don’t have to worry about losing a conference championship game. One thing I need someone to clarify about this 5+7 format for me…is the 5th conference champion the highest ranked Group of 5 (or whatever they call it now) champ now that the Pac-12 is essentially gone? Also, would WSU and Oregon St only be able to qualify with at-large bids?

Not sure which is worse.
At a school with the resources Florida has all it takes is hiring the right coach. Of course, you need the right leadership in a University President and AD position to make a great hire. On second thought, you guys are screwed.

Huh? Miami didn't beat FSU, they didn't move up 12 spots and they aren't in the top 5? What is going on here?

Regarding ND: its my understanding that ND can not get a 1st round bye because they are not in a conference. It would ALMOST be worth them finishing in top 4 to get the snub. Lol
The bye thing is overrated for P4. Nd does get a bye by not playing in a conference championship. If we get in, but don’t play in the SECCG, we’re effectively getting a bye too. Group of five will need to win their conference championship or at least play in it, so it sucks to be a G5 team

Not sure which is worse.
Only one team has been embarrassed on both domestic and international soil.

I am pretty sure that is correct. Not being in a conference also helps them though because they don’t have to worry about losing a conference championship game. One thing I need someone to clarify about this 5+7 format for me…is the 5th conference champion the highest ranked Group of 5 (or whatever they call it now) champ now that the Pac-12 is essentially gone? Also, would WSU and Oregon St only be able to qualify with at-large bids?
My understanding is there are 5 recognized/designated conferences whose champions get the first 5 seeds in the bracket. The lowest ranked of those 5 gets the 5 seed and plays the 12 seed in the opening round, therefore no bye for the 5 seed. Group of 5 is a different scenario and not related to the 5 conference champs. Please correct if I’m off base

VN Store

Back