Wow....What ESPN/Mortensen Just Said!!!!!

Damn you!
I was trolling in case you didn't notice.
However my buddy Alan Williams (you can look him up on Rivals, is good friends with Mort and they do talk often) Alan was recruited by a few D-1 teams. If you get a chance at least watch his Highlight videos of old.

Actually UCLA is only paying Norm 300 to 350k a year, the rest of that money is coming from his time with the Titans and that money runs out after next year.

I argued with my brother earlier this evening about how much Kiffin the Elder would get paid. I thought no more than 600-700, but he said more like a million. Either way he's worth it. It really goes to show that Kiffin the Younger knew exactly what he was doing when he agreed to 2m a year. Definitely could have gotten 500k more, but he knew that he was only as good as his assistants. I'm still having a hard time figuring out where the money for all of the assistants is going to come from, esp if Orgeron is going to end up in a reduced capacity, but still make somewhere around 350-400k. If anyone knows what the total amt that Fulmer was given to allocate to assistants, I'd like to know.

1.9 million

So it may make sense that CLK got a total amt for the whole staff. . . He did mention in the press conf that he had support from MH dollar wise to get the staff he needed
Posted via VolNation Mobile

New TV contracts and increased donations should take care of it

Monte's "D" will no doubt be brutal . . . as far as money . . . UT has deeper pockets than most people think IMHO.

Go Vols!

New TV contracts and increased donations should take care of it

Exactly. ESPN and CBS are taking care of this. In this economy, Hamilton knows he can't raise prices. Even pro teams are actually decreasing ticket and concession prices. It's something like thw first time in 25 years the Red Sox aren't raising prices

This is so awesome, OH WOW, the Ga fans were all negative today at work , but went silent when I asked about the rushing yards on saturday, HAHHAHHABRAHHAHAHa

If Monte is gonna be OC and is gonna get paid a mill per year, it seems unlikely that we be able to put coach O on the payroll. I think getting Monte is huge, but I liked the idea of getting coach O on as a recruiter.

If Monte is gonna be OC and is gonna get paid a mill per year, it seems unlikely that we be able to put coach O on the payroll. I think getting Monte is huge, but I liked the idea of getting coach O on as a recruiter.

Tennessee will have Monte and Orgeron on staff.

Mortensen just said that he thinks Monte is on the way...and furthermore, he has word that Tennessee is willing to make Monte the highest paid assistant coach in America to the tune of ONE MILLION per year!!!! WOW!

He's worth it. He was making 2 million/yr at Tampa Bay.

Last edited:

Comments from the article:

Bucs general manager Bruce Allen said Monday he knows how the situation will play out, but would not disclose whether Monte Kiffin is staying or will give up a $2 million salary that makes him one of the highest-paid defensive assistants in the league.

"This really has been addressed some time ago with Monte. We feel very comfortable that we know what's taking place," Allen said. "We'll let Monte make any comments he wants to make and respect his views when he does."

Translation = Monte is gone!!

VN Store

Back