WSJ hates TN

Neyland Law Vol

Article in today's WSJ about the steep increase in hotel room rates for SEC game days took a dig at TN noting we were 12th on the list:

Tennessee showed signs of its faded glory with a price bump of only 20% over non-game weekends

:eek:hmy: ouch even the Wall Street types in NY think the vols are a has been.... Butch has his work cut out for him.

Downside of SEC Football: Hotel Price Hikes - WSJ.com

Last edited:
Hotel rates are always inflated on a gameday weekend. The opponent and magnitude of the game is the deciding rate. Your better schools area command the higher rate. Nature of the beast.

This just in: WSJ sales are not even significant enough to measure in the city of Knoxville. O&W game attendance and Football Time in Tennessee magazine sales, however, are up 500%.

Reactions: 2 people
I will be sooo glad when the off-season is over.

Reactions: 3 people
Reactions: 2 people
This just in: WSJ sales are not even significant enough to measure in the city of Knoxville. O&W game attendance and Football Time in Tennessee magazine sales, however, are up 500%.

Your civic pride is showing with these findings so lets not forget that Tennessee's production of meth is also up 47%; jail population 25%; and High School drop outs 28% from the previous year....

Its all about priorities I suppose...

Reactions: 1 person
Your civic pride is showing with these findings so lets not forget that Tennessee's production of meth is also up 47%; jail population 25%; and High School drop outs 28% from the previous year....

I drive a Nissan.

Reactions: 5 people

Not seeing the correlation

wtf..

so this changes the point of the article how? Oh they said something you do not like got it...

I think he's saying nobody in Knoxville gives a rats arse what's written in the WSJ about UT.

Yeah!...a rat's...the least significant arse in the animal kingdom...per Standard & Poor
Posted via VolNation Mobile

All I'll say in this area is that if college football is THE ONLY ENTERTAINMENT DRAW in a community, the "bump" is going to be MUCH higher.

Some of my clients before I retired were the Univ of Tenn, Texas A&M, Univ of Mich and the State of South Carolina. I will tell you, in College Station, when you get off the airport at night in the summer, the only thing you hear are crickets, not cars. This place is dead without the University. So the ONLY reason to go there is for university related events, hence the big bump.

At Tenn you have a beautiful area to live in, just beautiful. So more draw for Non-university events, thus reducing the "bump".

I think this has more to do with the size of the city. There are simply more hotel rooms in Nashville than any other SEC city. I would think that next to Nashville, Knoxville would be second on the list with most available hotel rooms.

Expedia shows Knoxville with 120 hotels and Tuscaloosa with 33 hotels. I believe this is simple supply and demand.

I think this has more to do with the size of the city. There are simply more hotel rooms in Nashville than any other SEC city. I would think that next to Nashville, Knoxville would be second on the list with most available hotel rooms.

Expedia shows Knoxville with 120 hotels and Tuscaloosa with 33 hotels. I believe this is simple supply and demand.

And there we go, nailed it.

Kind of amateur the writer of the article didn't see the bigger picture.

I would have thought most people going to Tuscaloosa pull their house with them behind their truck and they don't need a hotel room at all as long as they can find a Walmart to park it in.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back