WTH is going on in UGA?

It was a graduate student and teaching assistant, not a professor. He posted online "some white people may have to die" in reference to blacks getting social justice. A concerning statement to be sure. He stated in an interview later that, in the historical perspective, if social movements are to succeed there may be casualties among the ruling class. Out of context his statement is provacative and he should have been more careful about what he was saying. But the article linked was misleading in my opinion and quite alarmist.

It was a graduate student and teaching assistant, not a professor. He posted online "some white people may have to die" in reference to blacks getting social justice. A concerning statement to be sure. He stated in an interview later that, in the historical perspective, if social movements are to succeed there may be casualties among the ruling class. Out of context his statement is provacative and he should have been more careful about what he was saying. But the article linked was misleading in my opinion and quite alarmist.
Out of context? Even in the context you describe it is provocative at the absolute mildest.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
And you need black people on VN to validate that belief for you?
Is this about Volnation? Or is about people calling out racism when they see it, or staying silent and letting the thing that's tearing us apart thrive? It would be nice if bad behavior were condemned by the one race - the human race, regardless of skin color.

Is this about Volnation? Or is about people calling out racism when they see it, or staying silent and letting the thing that's tearing us apart thrive? It would be nice if bad behavior were condemned by the one race - the human race, regardless of skin color.
Yes, it was a baiting comment about VN. It's as if having a black person call it out is necessary for some. They have no intention of actually researching reactions to the statements.

Yes, it was a baiting comment about VN. It's as if having a black person call it out is necessary for some. They have no intention of actually researching reactions to the statements.
Understand.. however be a tad careful with the baiting. Using the term "septuagenarian white guys" can be construed as racist. It offended me, because you paint ME with a broad brush, by age and by race. That's a no no.

The story said this guy is a teaching assistant..easily ignored during class.

Right, if you disagreed with his opinion, you could easily tell him to STFU. The students or their parents are paying for that course.

Understand.. however be a tad careful with the baiting. Using the term "septuagenarian white guys" can be construed as racist. It offended me, because you paint ME with a broad brush, by age and by race. That's a no no.
It's not racist it's simply reflecting reality of who posts the worst responses wrt race in this subforum.

VN Store

Back