Yore #5 BasketVols welcome the Cocks, of SoCar, to the Summit, Tuesday, the 30th, at 6;33 in the evening for a serious @$$ beating.

This team really misses that Plavsic type big. That will be the Achilles heel in March....

I don't think the sky is falling, it's just we haven't looked great and rely heavily on one guy.
I think that’s what’s going to get us in the end.
Edit: not saying they were dead ass tired today.Banjo said it would be their undoing in March.
We either didn’t take SoCar seriously and were thinking Kentucky or were already tired from too many minutes being played by important players.

Either way it’s not looking any different than another Tennessee year. Top 10ish teams that doesn’t make a deep tournament run.

I think that’s what’s going to get us in the end.
Edit: not saying they were dead ass tired today.Banjo said it would be their undoing in March.
We either didn’t take SoCar seriously and were thinking Kentucky or were already tired from too many minutes being played by important players.

Either way it’s not looking any different than another Tennessee year. Top 10ish teams that doesn’t make a deep tournament run.
I don't think it was looking ahead to Kentucky. This SC is just hitting right now. I thought us having a home game would set SC back.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
Wonder who if any of the bb players could be involved in the alleged nil violations, esp after the way the team played tonight

I don't think it was looking ahead to Kentucky. This SC is just hitting right now. I thought us having a home game would set SC back.
They did make a ridiculously high percentage of shots. And we went cold. Especially at the line.

My concern is we have these types of games at the worst times. That’s why I never take our basketball team as a threat to win it all. And there have been times when we should have been.

I really hope they prove me wrong one day.

Banjo was talking about March. That’s what I was adding too.
Edit: edited above to clarify what I was saying

If we face a competent big in March, we are in trouble

See Dickinson, Edey, Bacot, guy tonight, and MSU big. We have no one who can guard them. Awaka and Aidoo are too small and have been abused by that type all year. Fortunately, not too many teams have them though...

Even so, if we make our FTs tonight at our season average the we win.

We wont be playing at home against unranked teams the 2nd weekend of March like we were tonight...

FT was an issue but having no one who can guard a competent big will be our undoing...

They did make a ridiculously high percentage of shots. And we went cold. Especially at the line.

My concern is we have these types of games at the worst times. That’s why I never take our basketball team as a threat to win it all. And there have been times when we should have been.

I really hope they prove me wrong one day.
Yep, with you 💯

Reactions: Orangeslice13
We wont be playing at home against unranked teams the 2nd weekend of March like we were tonight...

FT was an issue but having no one who can guard a competent big will be our undoing...
It’s simple
If you play below your average in an area where nobody is guarding you (FTs) and the loss is significantly less than the amount of additional misses then the FTs are a bigger issue.

It’s simple
If you play below your average in an area where nobody is guarding you (FTs) and the loss is significantly less than the amount of additional misses then the FTs are a bigger issue.

Most of the time, we are decent at the line. One off bad game doesn't worry me long term.

We've struggled against almost every competent big we've played this year. I would expect us to keep struggling against good bigs since Awaka and Aidoo are too small...

Yeah, and I get what you're saying. Of course with the NCAA who knows? The story said multiple sports.
there’s really nothing they can do about this. Too many teams have openly done far worse than what were accused of.
I’m told this is nothing to worry about.

We’ll see I guess

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
Most of the time, we are decent at the line. One off bad game doesn't worry me long term.

We've struggled against almost every competent big we've played this year. I would expect us to keep struggling against good bigs since Awaka and Aidoo are too small...
There’s plenty of worry to go around with this group

VN Store

Back