Your Final Analysis and Score

1974Vol

4 * 2011 QB
After reading countless threads, posts, listening to radio and reviewing the 2010 game my final thoughts before game day breakdown like this.

In 2010 Ducks won 48-13. 14 of those points came on a punt return for a TD and a pick six. So Wilcox 2010 D gave up 34. Oregon's 2010 offense was awesome. I think they still are and with some differences around the margins Vols 2013 D is on par with 2010 D so in a clean game Ducks score 34.

2010 Vol O put up 13. This years offense although not outstanding is 14 points better due to Worley>Simms, O line > better than their freshman selves. So give Vols 27.

That's a 7 point margin, add 4 for home field for Ducks and 7 more because their D is better than 2010.

In the end in a clean game Ducks 38-20. That said turnovers and big special teams plays can push that margin either way. If the Vols get a couple "give me" TD's like they got against WKU then we're in the 4th with a nail bitter. That swing goes the other way and the Ducks cover the big spread.

I look for a clean game from both sides and a 2 TD Duck win. In the end I think 14 points is about the real difference in the teams. Just MHO.

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting.

So, in summary, it could be 38-20 or it could be a nail biter, or it could be a blowout, or it could be a 14 point game. Got it.

Interesting.

So, in summary, it could be 38-20 or it could be a nail biter, or it could be a blowout, or it could be a 14 point game. Got it.

I'm saying Oregon is 14 points better on a neutral field in a clean game. You got any thoughts on the game?

If the offensive line can get a push and we can control the clock then it will be close for 3 qtrs. If not...we lose by 21.

I see our defense wearing thin if the offense can't control the clock and run the ball.

31-17 Oregon...but wishing and rooting for a Vol win

I'm saying Oregon is 14 points better on a neutral field in a clean game. You got any thoughts on the game?

52-20.

I think Oregon turns a couple of UT turnovers into quick points, and the momentum is just too much to overcome.

We're limited at QB...we can't score with them. And we lack the depth to get consistent stops on defense. It feels like an awful matchup.

I'd like to see us run the ball, shorten the game and find a way to be within striking distance going into the 4th. But Oregon is going to force Worley to make throws, and that's not a recipe for UT's success, imo.

Reactions: 4 people
52-20.

I think Oregon turns a couple of UT turnovers into quick points, and the momentum is just too much to overcome.

We're limited at QB...we can't score with them. And we lack the depth to get consistent stops on defense. It feels like an awful matchup.

I'd like to see us run the ball, shorten the game and find a way to be within striking distance going into the 4th. But Oregon is going to force Worley to make throws, and that's not a recipe for UT's success, imo.

This seems about right.

52-20.

If the Vols do turn it over then your scenario plays out. The only major advantage Tennessee has over Oregon is Vols O line v. their D line and that won't be apparent unless the game stays close enough late to where Tennessee can continue to run the ball. Oregon will definitely play run first and put the game on Worley. He doesn't have to light it up but he does have to convert 3rd downs. If he can and the Vols do not turn it over or give up big special teams plays they have a punchers chance.

I was gonna say 54-17.

Sun Belt team averaged 8.8ypc against our D. Oregon running game gonna torch us. Oregon makes a statement vs. an SEC team. Get through it, don't get hurt, prepare for the Gators.

If the Vols do turn it over then your scenario plays out. The only major advantage Tennessee has over Oregon is Vols O line v. their D line and that won't be apparent unless the game stays close enough late to where Tennessee can continue to run the ball. Oregon will definitely play run first and put the game on Worley. He doesn't have to light it up but he does have to convert 3rd downs. If he can and the Vols do not turn it over or give up big special teams plays they have a punchers chance.

Dude...u in Greer?

Sadly Ducks will name the score dependent on pull starters in 4th. Imagine that they will be in 50's and us below 28.Learning experience to help rest of season GBO

If any slapping is done it will be a Butch slap

I see Butch as more of a "jab" kind of guy. You know just flick that right at ya and the next thing you know you're flat of your back countin' stars. Orange stars and somewhere in the distance Rocky Top is playin'. JMO

49-17 ducks. They will stack the box and dare Worley to beat them. Needless to say he won't.

Reactions: 2 people
I see Butch as more of a "jab" kind of guy. You know just flick that right at ya and the next thing you know you're flat of your back countin' stars. Orange stars and somewhere in the distance Rocky Top is playin'. JMO

Sounds reasonable

Excited to see how Butch handles the "big road game." We all know how the steamy pile of Dooley did. Who knows, we might have the coach know how to actually play better in the second half. Interesting concept..

VN Store

Back