Your first album was...

hndog609

So, first music album you bought with your very own money. Mine was Van Halen 1.

I bought The Beatles-Help! and Michael Jackson's-Thriller when I was like five years old but I don't think those really count for this thread.
I'd have to go with Pearl Jam-Ten as the first one I bought for myself as a middle schooler that I really cared about.

The first I bought with my own coin was Van Halen's Diver Down, I think.

I bought The Beatles-Help! and Michael Jackson's-Thriller when I was like five years old but I don't think those really count for this thread.
I'd have to go with Pearl Jam-Ten as the first one I bought for myself as a middle schooler that I really cared about.

We are almost the same age and both from Charlotte right? Where did you go to school bro? I was class of 95

Garth_Brooks_In_Pieces.jpg

The first one I bought with my own money was Twised Sister Stay Hungry. My first album was KISS Destroyer and Rock and Roll over. My mom joined one of those record clubs where you got like 10 albums for a penny when I was 8 and let me and my sister pick two each.

Reactions: 1 person
My own money? Faith No More - The Real Thing.

I did convince my Mom to buy me Europe - The Final Countdown as my first in 86 or 87.

Reactions: 1 person
I got 2 albums at the same time. Pearl Jam (with the goat) and The Band Stagefright

The first album I picked out for myself was the Ghostbusters soundtrack on LP. I guess I was around 7 or 8. I don't remember if it was a reward for something or my mom just being nice and letting me get it. I do remember picking it out because the LP sleeve was just a big Ghostbusters logo.

Around 9 or 10 years old I was getting an allowance and bought a cassette of Dj Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince : He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper (I had to look it up based on the songs I bought it for - Nightmare on My Street (I was obsessed with any thing Freddy Krueger) and Parents Just don't Understand).

By 12ish I was into punk and not really sure what came first but I remember getting a Fugazi and Misfits album and wearing them out.

By the time I was 16 and got a real part time job I started buying roughly an album per week. My tastes ranged from the grunge Sub Pop stuff, to classics like Led Zeppelin, to Dr.Dre. I really don't remember what the first purchase of those years was.

VN Store

Back