Your first album was...

I don't have a first CD I bought because when I bought my first CD I bought like 4. I walked out of Camelot (I think that is what it was called) at East Town mall back in 1996 with At The Gates, Amorphis, In Flames, and Bolt Thrower. I spent the next 4 years pilfering everything I could get my hands on from Disc Exchange (RIP) and WUTK.

Nice! I purchased a ProJect Debut Carbon turn table a few months back and I love it!! It sounds fantastic!

h252DBCDCGR-F.jpg

1st album was American Graffiti soundtrack but it was a requested gift. Most of my first albums were Christmas or birthday presents KISS Alive!, ZZTop Fandango and Foreigner Feels Like the First Time. Don't remember which album I bought with my own cash - probably something from the 'nuge (likely Free For All).

My first two albums were handed down to me by father and they both are great albums.....

Annihilator - Alice in Hell
Over Kill - The Years of Decay

1st album was American Graffiti soundtrack but it was a requested gift. Most of my first albums were Christmas or birthday presents KISS Alive!, ZZTop Fandango and Foreigner Feels Like the First Time. Don't remember which album I bought with my own cash - probably something from the 'nuge (likely Free For All).

Most of my early albums were also Birthday and Christmas gifts.

The first album I bought with my own money was "In the West" by Hendrix.

So do I, although I don't have anything to play it on. It's about as useful to me as my VHS tapes.

You can get a record player. We have one and my oldest just bought one at urban outfitters in Planet Hollywood. We sometimes listen to vinyl and sit in our bar area. Kinda old school, especially if I crack open a few PBRs

I have an lp60 audio technica that I'm a fan of. It's not as fancy as others mentioned, but I have it connected to a good set of speakers and it's all I need. I listen to everything from my dad's collection from the 60s and 70s, James Taylor, ACDC, Pearl Jam, Jason Isbell, Norah Jones, Jimmy Buffet and even got a Kacey Musgrave LP over the summer.

Metallica - Black Album
Metallica+Metallica+Black+Album+370388.jpg

Not a huge Metallica fan, but "Enter Sandman" was one of the first rock songs I ever heard.

Reactions: 1 person
Metallica - Black Album
Metallica+Metallica+Black+Album+370388.jpg

Not a huge Metallica fan, but "Enter Sandman" was one of the first rock songs I ever heard.

This album catches a lot of flack because most people associate this as when they went "soft" and "mainstream", but I beg to differ. It's still a really heavy album. My favorite songs are "Don't Tread on Me", "Of Wolf and Man", and "My Friend of Misery".

VN Store

Back