Your Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Thread III

I should’ve turned it on 92.9 this week. Would’ve been funny listening to Jason and John spinning things on the football program.

Those homers, especially that guy who replaced Parrish, have been insufferable....

They cant get over the Pac 12 is willing to pay 4x as much to get Utah State to join than Memphis....

Local talk radio is subpar in Memphis. Grind City Media isn’t great either. Verno lost his way when he became a mouthpiece for the Grizz and the other shows are pop culture.

I only listen to VQ, Go Vols 247, and Josh Pate.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Reactions: YankeeVol
I know you are a runner. These injuries a coincidence or something with the new training staff that was put in place before last season?
It could be related but I have no idea without knowing what their training programs look like, especially load training/weighted movements. The amount of “stress reactions” is alarming.

Pure speculation but.. I know you have mentioned the training staff a couple times. I didn’t think much of it until a comment at media days by Bane about the number one thing he needed to work on was cardio. All of these dudes are in pretty incredible shape but that comment made me think .. how often Ja, Bane, Jaren has just looked gassed in the past.

Absent Ja, they are all relatively bulky too. And from where Ja started to now is pretty marked improvement in the bulk department. It’s quite possible there’s too much focus either by weight or weighted movement and not enough body weight or free movement training for the unpredictable angles/contortions their bodies go through while playing.

VN Store

Back