Zane Denton

According to one of my sources, Denton was not happy when Amick transferred and Tony could not guarantee him a spot on the field.
I doubt it. When Amick transferred in, Denton was going pro. Of course TV is going to get a replacement. Then Denton didn’t get drafted and decided to return. What would he expect TV to do? Send Amick beck to Clemson?

That rumor simply doesn’t make sense.

I doubt it. When Amick transferred in, Denton was going pro. Of course TV is going to get a replacement. Then Denton didn’t get drafted and decided to return. What would he expect TV to do? Send Amick beck to Clemson?

That rumor simply doesn’t make sense.
Just relaying what I was told by someone who is very close to the program. Do with it what you want.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
According to one of my sources, Denton was not happy when Amick transferred and Tony could not guarantee him a spot on the field.
I would hate it if that were the case as there is plenty of room for both of their talents. Either way, the Home Run against Amicks Clemson team was amazing. I have said it before, but it was even bigger than the Gilbert walk off. Nothing will ever beat the Gilbert celebration though. Vitello running down the netting and up in the stands was so much fun.

if you're disappointed with the team you enter the transfer portal which he didn't, says to me something else is going on. a kid with his talent should be playing, if he's disappointed because he went undrafted or disappointed with his status on BaseVols he needs to snap out of it and get back into the game. him sitting out 2024 is a terrible decision

Last edited:
if you're disappointed with the team you enter the transfer portal which he didn't, says to me something else is going. a kid with his talent should be playing, if he's disappointed because he went undrafted or disappointed with his status on BaseVols he needs to snap out of it and get back into the game. him sitting out 2024 is a terrible decision

Maybe he decided to sell insurance, we don’t know anything.

Not sure what that means, hit me over the head with it.
The flick is about a former baseball player, Byeong-wu, who made a successful career transition into a high-flying insurance advisor, thanks to his keen business sense and quick wits.

I'm going to take the opposite and agree with this statement but probably not some stuff that followed it. This is not personal to Zane or any knowledge but just knowing people and especially baseball players.
1. Tony does not guarantee anyone playing time so that part is definitely true. We have lost some guys in the portal and recruiting because of it but I greatly respect his stance that I will give you a chance to earn it.
2. Knowing people. No one likes when someone comes in to take their position. In any area of life, we do not ultimatly like competition for the things we love. Most of us would not like if our spouse's childhood or teenage sweetheart all the sudden moved to our town and they were going to work together. Knoxing baseball players. They need competition and know that it makes them better ie. Kirby and Redmond pushed each other and made each other better and were best friends doing it, but I'm sure they both wished the other would not take their innings. We need competition but most do not like it or desire it.
Just my thoughts. So I'm sure it was said and to some extent it was true. Nowhere did this comment say that is why he is not here.

VN Store

Back