Recruiting Football Talk VII

I'll assume I should take Transfer rankings on 247 with a grain of salt for basketball. Their rankings are not that great for us.

Well think about it like this

We are 14th out of 362 teams

Totally different personality from the coach, too. I don't wish him ill at all, but I am scratching my head about this one a little.

Yeah...especially when you look at Arizona's roster.

They lost Ballo and Dylan Anderson (both 7' bigs), but Krivas returns (7'2"), Veesaar (7'), Menaugh (6'10"), Borvicanin (6'9"), Murauskas (6'8")

They have a top 100 7' C in the incoming freshmen class too with Stephen. Also Bryant is a 6'8" SF and top 20 ranked HS player as well as adding Trey Townsend in the portal.

If the goal was more minutes then Awaka missed the mark majorly...that might be the most stacked frontcourt he could have went to.

What is the point of even teaching/coaching players anymore? You can develop freshmen/sophomores into decent players and it will just benefit their next school. If a freshman isn't cracking the 2 deep or looking ready to make an impact year 2 you might as well just have them washing uniforms and filling water jugs.

Recruiting classes are about to be 75% transfer portal, 25% high school recruits. Might as well let the D2 schools develop them and recruit them from there.

Reactions: Rishvol
If we land Chaz Lanier then I'd agree. Right now I'm not sure we've really gotten enough additional offensive output with just 3 players incoming with who we lost.

I think we've gotten bigger Igor is 6'10", Felix is 6'11" and Dubar is 6'6"-6'8" all 3 likely playing frontcourt so those 3 are upgrades over Aidoo, Awaka, and JJJ imo. Now we need to add a perimeter scorer to help offset losing DK.

Hope we do pickup an elite scorer but the bar isn't very high to make up for Aidoo and Awaka on the offensive end.

Aidoo:

• PTS
    150+
  • REB
    109th
  • AST
    150+
  • FG%
    71st

Awaka:

• PTS
    150+
  • REB
    150+
  • AST
    150+
  • FG%

Reactions: ugg
What is the point of even teaching/coaching players anymore? You can develop freshmen/sophomores into decent players and it will just benefit their next school. If a freshman isn't cracking the 2 deep or looking ready to make an impact year 2 you might as well just have them washing uniforms and filling water jugs.

Recruiting classes are about to be 75% transfer portal, 25% high school recruits. Might as well let the D2 schools develop them and recruit them from there.

Quite the overreaction.

Flip those numbers for championship level programs. 75% HS, 25% portal.

thought for some reason we'd get Awaka back... Hopefully we can still push for Lanier with the Belmont kid going to UNC... And hopefully CRB has a few other potential players he's trying to get... Getting Lanier would make everyone breath easier in terms of talent replacement overall...

Reactions: walkenvol
Looking like the LVs are going to land Ruby Whitehorn. AP apparently 50 cent’d.
Possibly a second player committing as well. Stay tuned Vols are rolling in all Sports.

Volleyball team should be top 10 starting out, rowing team is rolling.

Softball and Baseball are top 3.

Men's basketball is rolling.

Men's Tennis team will be one of the favorites to win National Championship.

The list goes on and on.

Possibly a second player committing as well. Stay tuned Vols are rolling in all Sports.

Volleyball team should be top 10 starting out, rowing team is rolling.

Softball and Baseball are top 3.

Men's basketball is rolling.

Men's Tennis team will be one of the favorites to win National Championship.

The list goes on and on.
"Danny White should be fired!" - Lucy (probably)

View attachment 637429

That tweet made me just search vitello’s name on Twitter just to see what is being said.

Perception of Tennessee baseball as a program is still that of having bottom tier facilities and resources. I’ve seen Miss St, Ole Miss and ironically Arkansas fans (when DVH retires) clamoring to hire him.

Miss St fans can’t fathom him saying no, the only fans that say no is simply because they don’t want him due to his antics.

Ole Miss fans are split. Some say he’ll never leave Tennessee, others say he’s waiting for the “big SEC job” like them to get out.

Arkansas fans are utterly convinced he’s waiting to take the Arkansas job when DVH retires. Essentially believing he’s a HC in waiting there while coaching another program.

I also posted this in the baseball forum but I think it’s funny enough to share here too. I famously thought LSU could lure him away in 2021, but now that he’s essentially gotten a blank check to do whatever he wants here, while simultaneously being a king in Knoxville with an established top 10 program.. I see no reason why he’d ever leave.

Not to mention he doesn’t have an agent. Unusual in this day and age, but true. Guys who don’t have agents typically have no plans on relocating any time soon.
Someone needs to tell the piggies that Ron Polk doesn't live there anymore and Tennessee is not there footstool anymore.

Looks like we have 3 spots left for the basketVOLs.

3 of the 5 players we're communicating with are 2024 HS kids, 2 of them are PGs.

HS
Ben Hammond, 5'11" PG
Christian Anderson Jr, 5'11" PG
Gabriel Mabor, 6'11" C

Portal
Devon Barnes, 6' PG Tarleton State
Chaz Lanier, 6'4" SG North Florida

Last edited:

VN Store

Back