Recruiting Football Talk VII

I hear tell that if Americans illegally cross the Mexican border they are given the choice of a lifetime supply of Modello, Corona, ore Dos XX. I think its because for the illegals that cross into this country it's a beggar's dream and when you cross over into Mexico you really need beer, even bad beer will do.
Not a fan of Coronas…I think they use local water. 🤢. Dos XX are ok, but actually prefer Coors Light. Tecate is damn good especially with lime and Modelos are two levels above imo.

Interesting on how so many don't like NFL football but go out of their way to complain about the Titans Quarterback.
For your's and Mr. Met's sanity, you gotta know that if Levis never threw another incompletion for the next twenty years, won the next twenty Super Bowls, and personally bank rolled the The Vol Club many on Volnation would still hate on him and say he sucks because he is Will Levis and Mark Stoops is his daddy. In fact by that time he won't be known to his haters as "the guy who put mayo in his coffee," the legend will be that he's "the guy who put mayo on his junk and licked it off during national television appearance."

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthVol1
Looks like we have 3 spots left for the basketVOLs.

3 of the 5 players we're communicating with are 2024 HS kids, 2 of them are PGs.

HS
Ben Hammond, 5'11" PG
Christian Anderson Jr, 5'11" PG
Gabriel Mabor, 6'11" C

Portal
Devon Barnes, 6' PG Tarleton State
Chaz Lanier, 6'4" SG North Florida
Give me Anderson, Mabor, and Lanier.

Also update on basketVOLs

Targets: 3 outta 4 so far
Darlinstone Dubar - Vol
Cade Tyson - UNC
Igor Milicic Jr. - Vol
Felix Okpara - Vol

Chaz Lanier - TBD

Lost:
Jonas Aidoo - TBD
Tobe Awaka - Arizona
DJ Jefferson - Longwood
Freddie Dilione - Penn State
Do you think or have you seen anything that would lead us to believe we've got a good shot with Lanier if he doesn't go NBA?

For your's and Mr. Met's sanity, you gotta know that if Levis never threw another incompletion for the next twenty years, won the next twenty Super Bowls, a personally bank rolled the The Vol Club many on Volnation would still hate on him and say he sucks because he is Will Levis and Mark Stoops is his daddy. In fact by that time he won't be known to his haters as "the guy who put mayo in his coffee," the legend will be that he's "the guy who put mayo on his junk and licked it off during national television appearance."

Just saying people that don't care about NFL are awful invested in the Titans.

I'm a Cowboys fan forever.

I think either Beck or Pearce ends up the first overall pick next year. Probably Beck on account of how overrated QBs get during draft time.

All the shader sanders hype is insane. Talented yes but a head case and whatever team drafts him would have to take on that Deion sanders drama
Deion made a lot of enemies in the NFL (MLB too, well, just generally every where), that is why he's doing what he's doing now and it might hurt his son in the eyes of some in the League. Similar to Rattler's tv show.

Just saying people that don't care about NFL are awful invested in the Titans.

I'm a Cowboys fan forever.
And I knew people who thought Emmitt Smith sucked and was only any good because of the people around him. I'm thinking you still have to admit the man was good even if he played for FU.

And I knew people who thought Emmitt Smith suck and was only any good because of the people around him. I'm thinking you still have to admit the man was good even if he played for FU.
Doubted him from his Pensacola Escambia days to his rookie season with the Cowboys. Always IMMEDIATELY proved my cluelessness at every level of competition. As a Bears (and even more Sweetness) devotee, I didn’t want him to break the all-time rushing record…especially since he openly coveted it. All that and I’m a huge defender of his legacy. That vaunted Cowboys OL never blocked for any other 1000 yard rusher. He kept going at you full speed the whole game long and Jimmy built the team around feeding him. Greatness is earned and he more than accomplished that.

And I knew people who thought Emmitt Smith sucked and was only any good because of the people around him. I'm thinking you still have to admit the man was good even if he played for FU.
He was definitely very good and ran for more yards than Barry Sanders. Though, my plug, Sanders was a better runner. Emmit did benefit from an awesome OL.

What's going on in Charlotte? Local Knoxville news saying multiple police officers were supposedly shot.

Do you think or have you seen anything that would lead us to believe we've got a good shot with Lanier if he doesn't go NBA?

From people in the know seems we're the best landing spot if the NBA doesn't happen. But he was always planning to go through the entire process and if he does that he could wait to transfer until as late as June 16th although most likely he'd probably have a pretty good idea of his draft potential after the combine which ends May 19th. The only reason he's in the portal now is because the new legislation forced a May 1st deadline for every transfer to be in the portal, if not for that he could have waited since he's a grad transfer he originally had no deadline.

So even if he's 100% a Vol and we're only waiting... could be almost a month.

VN Store

Back