A.D. Danny White; discussion thread

I think their problem is the increases came without us winning.

Vol sports programs…as a whole…have been winning a whole lot more since D White arrived.

And while LV Basketball isn’t winning championships, it’s still a winning program making the tournament. Yes, that’s not what we want it to be. And he’s proven the same for himself by firing a very popular former player and making a bold new hire.

If a person’s standard is to be a fan only when a team is winning championship, then they aren’t going to be a fan very often…and in fact they aren’t really a fan at all…they are a bandwagoneer.

And, finally. If the product isn’t worth the price, don’t buy it.

Vol sports programs…as a whole…have been winning a whole lot more since D White arrived.

And while LV Basketball isn’t winning championships, it’s still a winning program making the tournament. Yes, that’s not what we want it to be. And he’s proven the same for himself by firing a very popular former player and making a bold new hire.

If a person’s standard is to be a fan only when a team is winning championship, then they aren’t going to be a fan very often…and in fact they aren’t really a fan at all…they are a bandwagoneer.

And, finally. If the product isn’t worth the price, don’t buy it.
You can be a winning team without being a champion,,,but you can't be a champion without winning

We are stuck with having to acknowledge that fair weather fans are fans, but their value add to the program is validly questioned. Prefer the through thick and thin fan at my side. Sadly the fan quality coefficient went up as attendance dropped not that long ago. True everywhere according to these boards
Your avatar is pretty cool, did you make it or did you know the person who did?

He shouldn’t have fired Harper to hire a D2 coach. But he’s smart enough to know he has to give her NIL money to buy players so they perform better.

Everyone is smelling roses right now because Stephens hasn’t lost yet. Time will tell. But she definitely has the leg up over Harper with the NIL funds to play with.

He shouldn’t have fired Harper to hire a D2 coach. But he’s smart enough to know he has to give her NIL money to buy players so they perform better.

Everyone is smelling roses right now because Stephens hasn’t lost yet. Time will tell. But she definitely has the leg up over Harper with the NIL funds to play with.

Pretty sure she had a cup of coffee at the D1 level before getting tossed into the deep end.

I don’t have anything against her. It was just an ill advised move and was propped up by NIL to make it seem like a smart one. Give it to the former coach and we’re in, at worst, the same position, if not better.
It was a brilliant move
hire a big name and it doesn't work out and we are right back in the "hire a LVL only" mode
Hire a rising no-name coach and if deosn't work out the door to hire a big-name coach with no TN ties is wide open
Brilliant

It was a brilliant move
hire a big name and it doesn't work out and we are right back in the "hire a LVL only" mode
Hire a rising no-name coach and if deosn't work out the door to hire a big-name coach with no TN ties is wide open
Brilliant
Except he tried to hire a big name and wiffed. So I guess that works by accident. I’ve said before that only football matters in terms of his job security, but he should get some heat firing your top 3-4 SEC LVFL if/when your new hire doesn’t work out.

Brilliant
What makes you think a big name coach would walk thru the door if the program has more failure? They already wouldn't when we were winning 20 games a year and getting to S16s. IMO you are completely wrong. This program will really struggle if this experiment goes wrong. Hopefully that won't happen.

So, you're a Coach Kim fan,,,uhhh, right

She’s the head coach of a team at my Alma Mater…so damn straight I’m a fan and I hope she knocks the top out of it. And every fan of the LVs should be rooting for her to be successful, too.

Nobody knows what the future holds. Let’s just enjoy the ride.

What makes you think a big name coach would walk thru the door if the program has more failure? They already wouldn't when we were winning 20 games a year and getting to S16s. IMO you are completely wrong. This program will really struggle if this experiment goes wrong. Hopefully that won't happen.
Agreed.

VN Store

Back