Joe Milton to Patriots

Congrats and good luck in the bigs Joe! Hope they don't bounce you around the league like Dobbs!

It’s not a great situation for him as they are pretty terrible at every offensive skill position. There are plenty of reasons that Belichick didn’t get a job with another team, and his insistence on having a say on all personnel decisions is at the top of the list. I hope Joe has a successful career and good luck to the young man.
He turned down the Falcons.

Yup. Lived through the Shuler/Frerotte thing. I think Norv Turner got buyers remorse right after he drafted Shuler. Because he favored Frerotte pretty quickly. Local media slurped all over Frerotte as well. Funniest part of the whole thing was Kornheiser nicknaming him “Baby Heath”.
Didn't help Shuler that he sat out of training camp. He had that "deer in the headlights" look for almost all of his NFL career

Yup. Lived through the Shuler/Frerotte thing. I think Norv Turner got buyers remorse right after he drafted Shuler. Because he favored Frerotte pretty quickly. Local media slurped all over Frerotte as well. Funniest part of the whole thing was Kornheiser nicknaming him “Baby Heath”.
I still remember him getting hurt against the Giants for head butting the stadium wall.

Not so sure. NFL receivers can actually catch hard passes. Ours could not. Nothing worse for a QB's confidence than dropped passes.
I actually told two of my Gameday buddies late last year that I think Joe Milton will actually be a better pro than anything else because of that very point and also throwing dart lasers into tight windows may actually benefit him because traditionally he has struggled with anticipation and throwing open.

Reactions: feathersax
Didn't they just draft Drake Maye? Interesting going two QBs. Maybe they don't have as much confidence in their 1st round pick as we thought?
Or they don’t have confidence in their backup at all, whoever that would be between Zappe, Brissett, and Rourke.

I’ll go on record here and say two of the sleeper gets of this years draft were Jordan Travis in the 5th and Joe Milton in the 6th. Travis may have been the best QB in the draft pre injury and Joe may have the most natural ability that needs cultivated.

I’ll go on record here and say two of the sleeper gets of this years draft were Jordan Travis in the 5th and Joe Milton in the 6th. Travis may have been the best QB in the draft pre injury and Joe may have the most natural ability that needs cultivated.
I saw a sports guy that pretty much the same thing.

I actually told two of my Gameday buddies late last year that I think Joe Milton will actually be a better pro than anything else because of that very point and also throwing dart lasers into tight windows may actually benefit him because traditionally he has struggled with anticipation and throwing open.
Can't be a decent QB in the NFL without throwing with anticipation. Same goes with throwing receivers open.

The patriots are not good. Odds are they won't be much better this year. If they are sitting there late in the year at 2-10 or so and not doing much, I could see a scenario where Joe could get a start just to see what he could do

Two thoughts:

- We have some real A-Hole posters bashing a kid that gave his all for Tennessee
- The lack of Vols in this draft shows the team and staff overachieved with 9 wins last year.
My theory is those a-holes are actually Bama fans. How else can you explain their obvious dislike for our players? And given the consistency of how they vent their dislike, it's incurable. The Bama antivenom injections don't work because their blood isn't orange. Therein lies the greatest proof of what they are and why they come here to badmouth our players.

VN Store

Back