Joe Milton to Patriots

I was just referring to the last time the Pats took an underperforming QB that had played for Michigan in the 6th round....
I really wish Milton had a good QB to sit behind for a few years or a team with a good offensive mind. Who knows what will happen though? For all we know Milton could be the starter in NE in a few years?

I have nothing but respect for Joe and a sincere hope that he makes a GREAT career in the NFL.
He represented Tennessee Football well and I look forward to seeing him come back to Neyland from time to time.
GO JOE..!!!!!!

Yup. Lived through the Shuler/Frerotte thing. I think Norv Turner got buyers remorse right after he drafted Shuler. Because he favored Frerotte pretty quickly. Local media slurped all over Frerotte as well. Funniest part of the whole thing was Kornheiser nicknaming him “Baby Heath”.
They kept telling Heath to throw the ball away and not try to make a play with his legs. They didn’t know what they had with Shuler because Shuler was ahead of his time.

He's too soft for the NFL, but a Taysom Hill type role is his best bet for a long career.

At that point in the draft, teams are just picking best available. I don’t read too much into it. He’ll get his chance, probably with more than one team. Hope it clicks for him, best of luck.

Yeah kind of a head scratcher but at the same time the way things are setup, it's cheap to take QB's
It would be crazy if he got there and it all clicked but I'm still scratching my head. They took Maye at 3
If your QB room was already questionable and you picked up Maye, and then Milton as a project and possible #2 from the 6th round, it makes sense. He's got tons of raw talent. If they can harness that they could have a solid backup that only needs to be great on occasion and got him for a good price.

The real head scratcher was the Falcons signing Cousins to 4 years then drafting a QB that could be starting elsewhere in 2 years or less.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog

VN Store

Back