Votes: 16 13.7%
  • It's Trumps Fault

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Yes, but also....Pie

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • No, but also... Pie

Votes: 11 9.4%

• Total voters
many of the "impossible" things in our past had physic-al limitations for why they couldn't. and over time both our material science and understanding of physics evolved. Not flying, but several others. look at the macro vs micro discussion you were having with Marcus. our current understanding doesn't fully explain both working, meaning to us currently some things are "impossible" just because we don't understand it.

imo part of the reason we think FTL is impossible is because we don't have anything that we know is FTL to measure it. so for us part of the limitation is that we are confined by current understanding of physics. like previous break thrus, it just takes time. and sometimes all the possible needs to happen is for someone to not know that it is impossible. Telsa wrote multiple times he thought it was possible to get FTL speeds out of some things, even claiming to have gotten electricity to travel at higher than FTL speeds. of course all of his research got gobbled up, so who knows what was actually there.

the reverse is also true, plenty of theoretical "physics" solid things we still can't produce in the real world.

and even some simple things we have, still can't be fully explained by physics. The Bicycle Paradox being one of them.

there will always be a part of me that thinks that true FTL is indeed possible, and more than using the sun's full energy potential to push a grain of rice.

I certainly agree on scientific paradigm shifts (Kuhn for the win). The missing caveat here is that since the scientific revolution, most old paradigms don't suddenly become completely wrong; merely incorrect or incomplete in the absolute. Those incorrect or incomplete theories are still quite useful and hold up well at the scale in which they were formed in. For example, Newtonian and Einsteinian physics are both used every day by engineers across the world despite their flaws in the absolute.

Another distinction that gets lost in this discussion is the difference between FTL speed through spacetime vs FTL speed in the absolute. The former is not possible while the latter is possible. To counter your point about measurement, the latter was proven possible precisely because we can measure if something is FTL. For example, entanglement is FTL in the absolute. However, entanglement often gets conflated with FTL communication or FTL speed through spacetime; neither of which is correct. Interdimensional movement would another FTL mechanism in the absolute but would not be traveling through spacetime. Big distinction there.

With respect to the alien discussion, while it is a near mathematical certainly that life exist elsewhere in the universe, it is silly to believe we or they can realistically become intergalactic via traveling through spacetime. So, while it is entirely possible there are other intelligent life in the universe and even that such life has visited Earth, it is quite implausible that such life forms traveled through spacetime to visit. They could have easily used nonlocality, interdimensionality, warping spacetime into a wormhole, or some other unknown physics concept to do so. The problem with most UFO evidence is that it illustrates objects moving through spacetime versus popping into and out of positional spacetime.

I certainly agree on scientific paradigm shifts (Kuhn for the win). The missing caveat here is that since the scientific revolution, most old paradigms don't suddenly become completely wrong; merely incorrect or incomplete in the absolute. Those incorrect or incomplete theories are still quite useful and hold up well at the scale in which they were formed in. For example, Newtonian and Einsteinian physics are both used every day by engineers across the world despite their flaws in the absolute.

Another distinction that gets lost in this discussion is the difference between FTL speed through spacetime vs FTL speed in the absolute. The former is not possible while the latter is possible. To counter your point about measurement, the latter was proven possible precisely because we can measure if something is FTL. For example, entanglement is FTL in the absolute. However, entanglement often gets conflated with FTL communication or FTL speed through spacetime; neither of which is correct. Interdimensional movement would another FTL mechanism in the absolute but would not be traveling through spacetime. Big distinction there.

With respect to the alien discussion, while it is a near mathematical certainly that life exist elsewhere in the universe, it is silly to believe we or they can realistically become intergalactic via traveling through spacetime. So, while it is entirely possible there are other intelligent life in the universe and even that such life has visited Earth, it is quite implausible that such life forms traveled through spacetime to visit. They could have easily used nonlocality, interdimensionality, warping spacetime into a wormhole, or some other unknown physics concept to do so. The problem with most UFO evidence is that it illustrates objects moving through spacetime versus popping into and out of positional spacetime.

Nice. We are missing some big pieces of the puzzle to unify theories. When we finally discover things and have a more unified understanding of physics, it will seem like it was totally obvious I bet to future generations...the same way Heliocentrism etc seem obvious to us. Assuming humans can survive for long enough to ever get that far. I definitely have my doubts.

Reactions: PKT_VOL
Not really. Remember, light has no mass.

E=MC^2. The mount of energy needed to get anything with mass needed for humans becomes ridiculous quick. If you set aside the energy problem needed to get to that speed, you have an energy problem traveling at that speed and hitting small objects such as dust. If you set aside both the initial energy problem and the collisional energy problem, assuming a slow gradual acceleration to near light speed, you run into a time problem.
You bring up a good point that I've often wondered about. If you're traveling at incredibly high speeds, how do you avoid hitting a pebble or even a bit of dust?

You bring up a good point that I've often wondered about. If you're traveling at incredibly high speeds, how do you avoid hitting a pebble or even a bit of dust?
The answer is within the question. You may have to.

The question becomes how do they do it? The answers are multiple.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Two of the most intriguing eyewitness reports Iā€™ve seen on the subject.

And of course Gordon Cooper starts a few minutes in.

Two of the most intriguing eyewitness reports Iā€™ve seen on the subject.

And of course Gordon Cooper starts a few minutes in.

I think that Cooper video is the most convincing 1st person testimony I have ever seen without any video to go along. One of the most respected astronauts of his time, probably ever. He doesnt mince words either...he flat tells about UFOs with abilities far, far beyond anything manmade.

Reactions: TVOLS

This is really cool. Amazing CGI and good explanations of many possible forms of life such as based on silicon vs carbon...where such life may be etc. Very well done

Reactions: TVOLS
I've always wanted to believe in aliens and ghosts, but I can't say I've ever saw either.

Me neither. Cant say that I actually look for them though haha. I dont believe in ghosts per se....but firmly believe in both demons and demonic posession. If one believes in the God of Isaac and Jacob along with angels, its necessary to believe in demons and satan just to be logically consistent IMO. I think demons and maybe even angels are sometimes mistaken for ghosts. I also think that at least some of the objects in the sky that are seen are spiritual beings from 1 team or the other. Even Grusch in his testimony before Congress emphatically and repeatedly pointed out that some of the objects witnessed and recorded were not "aliens" in the sense that most folks immediately think of...but were spiritual or interdimensional in nature. I thought that was very interesting because he pointed it out 3 or 4 times. I am with you though...I would love to see something crazy come from the sky or ocean.

Reactions: Weezer
Live look at me after reading the last several pages...

media1.giphy.com/media/ukGm72ZLZvYfS/giphy.gif?cid...

Very interesting discussion. Just lurking and reading as I don't really have anything to offer to the discussion. Planning to watch some of the posted interviews later.

as we understand it. I will continue to believe it is just something we don't understand yet. ftl through space time.

the energy requirements imo is more the practical material science nature of it. how much of our tech and inventions had insane power or manufacturing requirements, and it took years, decades to scale it appropriately for commercial consumption? computers went from the size of rooms and the memory in bytes, to handheld devices with memory in the terabytes. and that was in one human life time.

its still crazy to me how fast human tech has jumped. 66 years from our first flight to landing on the moon. we haven't even hit the next 66 years (not that that is a magical number), but look at what tech has done since then.

I will always be a believer in the science fiction of real life. like watching space X land a booster. getting to watch the impractical/impossible become an almost daily occurrence.

Just found this youtube channel called Eyes on Cinema. They have many many UFO encounters and videos I have never seen before.

Last edited:
35 years of continuous research, CE-3 and CE-5 experiencer, several physical abductions, two books, dozens of lectures and seminars etc etc etc whether or not that makes me an 'expert' is in the EOTB. Most do.

At least the ones that have a fng clue.

Now, since you can judge expertise in this subject, what are your credentials?
Share the names of the books. This kind of thing is incredibly interesting

Both and I have at least 400 to 500 people in the support groups that I know personally. The Harvard studies list hundreds more and guesstimate there are 10,000s more legitimate cases
I know a guy that in no way, shape, form or fashion I think is a loon that swears he was abducted.

VN Store

Back