Igor is in the Boat!

JP Prince and Bobby Maze had a lot to do with that. Scotty Hopson didn’t live up to his diaper dandy one and done expectations, but he was a big piece as well.

That said- once we lost tyler smith that season, I thought they were dead in the water. Then they beat Kansas the next day lol

Hopson missed a crucial free throw against Michigan State that would have sent Tennessee to a likely Final Four appearance.

Barnes and his staff can teach Igor how to finish through contact and be a bigger threat down low.

We had 3 years to teach Aidoo but he didn’t learn. Sometimes it comes down to the player. The aggressive and physical mentality isn’t taught. It comes from inside and is a personality trait. It’s why I liked Awaka. Easier to tone it down vs trying to ramp it up.

We had 3 years to teach Aidoo but he didn’t learn. Sometimes it comes down to the player. The aggressive and physical mentality isn’t taught. It comes from inside and is a personality trait. It’s why I liked Awaka. Easier to tone it down vs trying to ramp it up.
I have said all the time that attitude is a missing link in talented players who do not perform as well as their talent would permit.

Reactions: spyfish007
A good 4 man rotation at the 4 & 5 this upcoming year with Igor, Dubar, Estrella & Okpara. We will have an overall bigger team and I believe we can be just as good. Igor is so underrated on those recruiting websites like 247 etc.

We are blessed to have such a great team and staff

Fun fact: It is still acceptable to stereotype/denigrate Russians in modern movies/tv. I will continue to play by those rules as long as it is on the table.

Tangential: I just watched some of the Star Wars prequels again and they definitely used south Asian accents for the hideous aliens. Don't think that would fly today. But it was kind of enjoyable

Fun fact: It is still acceptable to stereotype/denigrate Russians in modern movies/tv. I will continue to play by those rules as long as it is on the table.

Tangential: I just watched some of the Star Wars prequels again and they definitely used south Asian accents for the hideous aliens. Don't think that would fly today. But it was kind of enjoyable
I remember some chatter about it but that was before cancel culture really took off.

Given his skill set and size....a true stretch 4....I'm starting think Igor might be the most important get from the portal even if Lanier comes. We just might look back at the end of this season and see things in a much different light.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back