What are your thoughts on Aidoo probably going to Arkansas?

His choice and so congratulations just like it was the 3 transfers we got that left the places they were. With Jonas he just needs to understand we don't celebrate Arkansas Razorback players nor John Calipari so when he gets booed its what we do to non Vols that play for other SEC schools. We will not embrace him as an opponent. Best wishes to him except when he plays us and I hope they lose most of their games because of who his coach is but he plays well in losses.

Except when he lied to Barnes and the staff telling them everything was fine.

Can’t look at him the same way again.
Where you in the room when he talked to them? You have no idea how that conversation went. Slow down on the condemnation of a 20 year old 🙄

I'm sure not one of these individuals posting on here never lied to anybody at 19-22 years of age.

Mother Teresa's they all are.

And I’m sure none of them would have said yes to life changing money. They would have all turned it down because they love the power T more than seven figure money.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I think it's a childish and soft move. I get he is probably taking it hard from his rough NCAA showing, but that should motivate him to beef up and get tougher. Instead it's a weak look to just go to another team for a payday.

He has a good point guard that feeds him the ball here. We are getting good size to for help defense. There is no more Edey. There is no more Kalkbrenner. But I guess he would rather get catered to from Cal.

I hope Aidoo has a great season and gets drafted. It's understandable why he left, so is Barnes' decision to play him less in the NCAA tournament when he was playing his worst basketball of the season.

Probably already said before, but a good match for him since he plays no defense and Cal only focuses on offense

Probably already said before, but a good match for him since he plays no defense and Cal only focuses on offense
So Aidoo made the All-SEC defensive team as selected by the coaches yet “he plays no defense”. Obviously you know what your talking about and VN should pay close attention to your posts.

So Aidoo made the All-SEC defensive team as selected by the coaches yet “he plays no defense”. Obviously you know what your talking about and VN should pay close attention to your posts.
Agreed. To be fair, the guys that gave Aidoo fits is a small but significant list.

Armando Bacot, Zach Edey (2x), Hunter Dickinson, Ryan Kalkbrenner, and even DJ Burns. That's roughly 5 different matchups out of a long season (36 games). Its clear that Aidoo did well defensively, especially when he had the size/height advantage.

I wish him all the best, I personally don't blame him for chasing the money. If someone offered me $1.3 million to transfer colleges at the age of 21 if I were playing CBB, I'd consider it too.

I just wish he would have handled it with the coaching staff differently, just speaks to the level of maturity that he can learn while he's still in college... especially fighting the internal adversity after a series of weak performances on a national stage.

Reactions: Volfan1000
We wouldn't have won the SEC without him.

Grow up
“Grow up” says the one who gets triggered so easily by any thought he doesn’t agree with. 😂

Jonas was a Vol, now he’s a rival. I wish him no harm or personal offense. I guess you are too busy virtue-signaling to have ever thrown a little shade at an opponent. And while Jonas played a huge part in the Vols success, he also played a huge part in the team falling short of a final four.

“Grow up” says the one who gets triggered so easily by any thought he doesn’t agree with. 😂

Jonas was a Vol, now he’s a rival. I wish him no harm or personal offense. I guess you are too busy virtue-signaling to have ever thrown a little shade at an opponent. And while Jonas played a huge part in the Vols success, he also played a huge part in the team falling short of a final four.
I became a fan of Aidoo as freshman when he blocked 3 of Oscar's shots in the second half

I became a fan of Aidoo as freshman when he blocked 3 of Oscar's shots in the second half
I became a fan when he decommitted from Marquette and signed here. Still doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s mediocre at best for 1.3 million. Does Aidoo understand the amount of scrutiny his play is gonna get for 1.3 million?? He couldn’t even handle getting benched for playing scared against Edey. Arkansas fans are gonna be pissed when they realize they paid 1.3 million for a guy who only plays well when he’s playing against JAGs or scrubs

I mean I’m happy for Aidoo for swindling Arkansas into actually thinking he’s a top big man in the country. I’m honestly just jealous and bitter that I can’t fool people like that

VN Store

Back