Coach Kellie Harper

Do you want Coach Harper to return or hire new Coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it was the final straw. That was just one game, and we were highly competitive with the best team and best coach in the country. I hope that White doesn't make a one game "shouldawonit" a significant part of his decision. Kellie was fired for poor high school recruiting and a history of failing to finish higher than third in the SEC and finish beyond the Sweet Sixteen. If any one game was the final straw, I'd guess this season's round of 32 game was it.

Seems like maybe you don't understand the phrase "the final straw," 'cause the final straw means that there were many, many other straws (reasons to fire her) that had come before, but then that last reason -- straw -- was juuuust enough more to make the weight of her problems too heavy to hold.

So, no, of course it wasn't that one game. But the public humilation caused by that one game may have sent DW past his point of tolerance.

Arkansas stopped paying Bret Bielema about a year in because he wasn’t getting another job. BB didn’t fight it because he knew deep down Arkansas was right and he would have no case in court. Then he magically ends up the new HC at Illinois weeks later.

If Kellie is not back in coaching by this time next year, it means either she’s not trying or she’s unemployable. If it’s the latter, the people threatening to cut donations over her firing are going to look really silly. If the former, UT has every right to cut her off.
Naw. She’s Lady Vol royalty and deserves to be. She’ll be taken care of as she deserves to be.

“Was”? So taking his remaining ball and going home? 😉
I know Earl too. He still gives money to the wbb program through the university and has his season tickets. Earl also isn't pouting like many of you say. We are all entitled to our opinions, but Earl has been a supporter and season ticket holder for years.

A lot of the claims you all have said about him are also false.

I know Earl too. He still gives money to the wbb program through the university and has his season tickets. Earl also isn't pouting like many of you say. We are all entitled to our opinions, but Earl has been a supporter and season ticket holder for years.

A lot of the claims you all have said about him are also

A lot of the claims you all have said about him are also false.
That he changed his screenname in protest of his favorite coach being replaced? That he posted to mostly strangers that he’s no longer supporting the program? Those aren’t CLAIMS. They’re what happened on this board and with his own WORDS. I personally hold no animus towards someone who gets disillusioned and withdraws their capital. But when you get mouthy on a message board, you’re getting a response.

That he changed his screenname in protest of his favorite coach being replaced? That he posted to mostly strangers that he’s no longer supporting the program? Those aren’t CLAIMS. They’re what happened on this board and with his own WORDS. I personally hold no animus towards someone who gets disillusioned and withdraws their capital. But when you get mouthy on a message board, you’re getting a response.
You don’t get to belittle or name call other fans because you donate X amount of money. His money is no good here.

You don’t get to belittle or name call other fans because you donate X amount of money. His money is no good here.
Nah, you don't have to donate to do that. All of us, including you, do that for free here all the time.
Here's a thought- let's all talk about LV basketball instead of former players, staff, and fans.
Here's a thought - let's once and for all quit telling each other what to post.

Nah, you don't have to donate to do that. All of us, including you, do that for free here all the time.

I’ll be interested to see where I named called another poster/personal attack. Just because someone doesn’t back down or has an opposing view doesn’t mean they name called. Feel free to correct me.

Last edited:
And yet another thought, carefully handcrafted just for those who may have difficulties distinguishing between suggestions and mandates- You are welcome to gush your loyalties and
allegiances until the cows come home. Nobody but the site owners and administrators can stop you.

And you, too, are welcome to stop telling others what they can and can't and ought to and ought not to do. Self-righteous hypocrisy is not a requirement for board membership.

Some sports forums I've been on have strict no board on board restrictions. No poster can comment or post directly on others' motivatons, history, etc, just on the subject-related content of the post. I hated those rules back then, I'd kill for such a rule on this board. And yep, I just made a board on board post to ask for no board on board posts!

Reactions: Knoxvol14
Here's a thought let's keep beating this dead horse over and over again.🧐🧐🧐
It’s the VN way.
namasthe-namaskaram.gif

Some sports forums I've been on have strict no board on board restrictions. No poster can comment or post directly on others' motivatons, history, etc, just on the subject-related content of the post. I hated those rules back then, I'd kill for such a rule on this board. And yep, I just made a board on board post to ask for no board on board posts!
I agree let the past go, although I bet a if Tennessee gets off to a horrible start the Kellie fan club will start barking just like the Kellie non fan club does at the moment.

I agree let the past go, although I bet a if Tennessee gets off to a horrible start the Kellie fan club will start barking just like the Kellie non fan club does at the moment.
A no board rule would have zero effect on letting the past go. People could, and will, post about the past til the cows come home. It would just stop others from commenting on the poster instead of the post or discussing the nature or motivation of the post. Sort of like what we're doing right now lol.

And I will casually remind them of our start last season. Everyone loved going into conference play about .500 and losing to every ranked team we scheduled.

What? Fans (posters in this instance) efforts are just as much in play as other folks self relating to a program like coaches, players, admin, taking heads, etc, for the value add or lack thereof of their efforts. Bad play calls, fumbles, hires, and public offerings, are accompanied by public scribbling on message boards. Just like the other actions, posts are not all created equal and are not light switch in nature. What is in common is that repetitive bad hires, fumbles, play calls, and published articles are not only worthy of discussion, but become evidence of the individuals COLLECTIVE value add or opposite to the program.

Evidence of intentional bad acts by ANY is telling. Players getting multiple personal fouls for instance. Hitting the post button is an intentional act each and every time. Intent is not a defense. Longevity of association does not mitigate any negative impact, especially those that could have been avoided with the application of a little discretion.

Dealing with bad realities is part of the deal for everyone. It is the how that is in play. If the how needs to be addressed enough, it brings the why into play. Just the realities of the sporting world. Let a kid fumble a few times and see what happens. Same for serial cheap shots by posters. Both sides of a difference of opinion can be shared with class.

Guess I am getting cranky and unforgiving in my old age. But I have grown weary of all the click bait driven talking heads and their wanna be amateur posters.

I beg to differ. Of the pro-Kellie posters, only Earlvol seemed truly upset about the change and he has seemingly checked out . Pretty much everyone else has rallied around CKC and what she and her staff are getting done.

Ironically, it's the "fire Kellie" camp who keep dredging up her name from the dustbin of history. The most obsessed member of this group has already chipped in with a promise to remind everyone of how Kellie began last season. Seriously, WTH?

Kellie was then, CKC is now....

Last edited:
What? Fans (posters in this instance) efforts are just as much in play as other folks self relating to a program like coaches, players, admin, taking heads, etc, for the value add or lack thereof of their efforts. Bad play calls, fumbles, hires, and public offerings, are accompanied by public scribbling on message boards. Just like the other actions, posts are not all created equal and are not light switch in nature. What is in common is that repetitive bad hires, fumbles, play calls, and published articles are not only worthy of discussion, but become evidence of the individuals COLLECTIVE value add or opposite to the program.

Evidence of intentional bad acts by ANY is telling. Players getting multiple personal fouls for instance. Hitting the post button is an intentional act each and every time. Intent is not a defense. Longevity of association does not mitigate any negative impact, especially those that could have been avoided with the application of a little discretion.

Dealing with bad realities is part of the deal for everyone. It is the how that is in play. If the how needs to be addressed enough, it brings the why into play. Just the realities of the sporting world. Let a kid fumble a few times and see what happens. Same for serial cheap shots by posters. Both sides of a difference of opinion can be shared with class.

Guess I am getting cranky and unforgiving in my old age. But I have grown weary of all the click bait driven talking heads and their wanna be amateur posters.
Not sure what all that means, but my post you quoted was only referring to this board and it's relative importance to the real life AD. Which I continue to maintain is less than zero. If they do care about social media, it sure isn't a relic like this. What we say carries no weight.
I beg to differ. Of the pro-Kellie posters, only Earlvol seemed truly upset about the change and he has seemingly checked out
I can understand Earl's frustration, if as the usually reliable Deer Park says he was outright lied to. Obviously he didn't have a trustworthy source. I'm sure in the big donor world there's alot of telling folks what they want to hear.

I think Earl loves the LVs too much to quit them. He'll be back.

Not sure what all that means, but my post you quoted was only referring to this board and it's relative importance to the real life AD. Which I continue to maintain is less than zero. If they do care about social media, it sure isn't a relic like this. What we say carries no weight.

I can understand Earl's frustration, if as the usually reliable Deer Park says he was outright lied to. Obviously he didn't have a trustworthy source. I'm sure in the big donor world there's alot of telling folks what they want to hear.

I think Earl loves the LVs too much to quit them. He'll be back.
I saw Deerpark's post as well. A fascinating tidbit. Poor Earl got a ton of flack and out right disrespect from numerous posters over his statement that KJH's job was safe (and everyone then presumed he was misrepresenting his insider status). It appears Earlvol was misled by someone who should have known what is up.

I hope he returns as well, and with his prior moniker.

I saw Deerpark's post as well. A fascinating tidbit. Poor Earl got a ton of flack and out right disrespect from numerous posters over his statement that KJH's job was safe (and everyone then presumed he was misrepresenting his insider status). It appears Earlvol was misled by someone who should have known what is up.

I hope he returns as well, and with his prior moniker.

Was that before or after he was calling everyone a**h*l* and idiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back