Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

In fairness the big one is coming; it is only a matter of time.

The tragic irony of COVID is that governments exhausted their political capital, their potential monetary reserves, and their citizen's willpower on a viral infection akin to the flu. When the big one comes, many more people will perish than would otherwise because COVID was overplayed.

Reminds you a children's fable.

The government is going to stop ****. Paper masks and standing six feet apart did no good. Shutting down commerce and gatherings did little to nothing. The CDC couldn’t even give good information.

The lessons from COVID are nothing will stop the spread of a respiratory virus. You can’t trust pharma or the government agencies to provide good info…they are both looking out for pharma. We shuoild all pay special attention to what the government is trying to silence. And take care of your body the best you can to give yourself a lower risks of negative impacts.

The government is going to stop ****. Paper masks and standing six feet apart did no good. Shutting down commerce and gatherings did little to nothing. The CDC couldn’t even give good information.

The lessons from COVID are nothing will stop the spread of a respiratory virus. You can’t trust pharma or the government agencies to provide good info…they are both looking out for pharma. We shuoild all pay special attention to what the government is trying to silence. And take care of your body the best you can to give yourself a lower risks of negative impacts.

the first clues should have been how often Fauci and the CDC Director contracted Covid - they both had it more times than I have.

The next big one could be a pandemic of the vaccinated. Immune systems have be compromised.

No. There have been plenty of real pandemics in the past and will be more in the future.

The biggest problem is how unhealthy we are as society and our demographic shift towards becoming more elderly. The pathetic part is we don't want to acknowledge the elephant in the room.

When COVID hit NYC and it was talking black/brown people to the woodshed, nobody wanted to acknowledge their genetic vulnerability to viruses; especially in winter and living in large city of higher latitude. Instead of throwing Vitamin D (to make up for their genetic vulnerability), Vitamin C, and Zinc at them for free and encouraging healthy lifestyles, we went down a draconian path we knew wouldn't work from a epidemiology standpoint, wrecked small business, wrecked our monetary policy, and broke the back of our public schools.

Our inability to have tough, nuanced conversations is killing us figuratively and during COVID, literally.

The bold is the key.

The frustrating part is that the CDC and politicians know that's the answer. They know that's the fundamental problem with healthcare costs. However, when you have a general public that steadfastly refuses to be accountable for their own health, perverse incentives are born.

The bold is the key.

The frustrating part is that the CDC and politicians know that's the answer. They know that's the fundamental problem with healthcare costs. However, when you have a general public that steadfastly refuses to be accountable for their own health, perverse incentives are born.

Agree. Forgot to mention: always have 3 months of toilet paper in the house.

No. There have been plenty of real pandemics in the past and will be more in the future.

The biggest problem is how unhealthy we are as society and our demographic shift towards becoming more elderly. The pathetic part is we don't want to acknowledge the elephant in the room.

When COVID hit NYC and it was talking black/brown people to the woodshed, nobody wanted to acknowledge their genetic vulnerability to viruses; especially in winter and living in large city of higher latitude. Instead of throwing Vitamin D (to make up for their genetic vulnerability), Vitamin C, and Zinc at them for free and encouraging healthy lifestyles, we went down a draconian path we knew wouldn't work from a epidemiology standpoint, wrecked small business, wrecked our monetary policy, and broke the back of our public schools.

Our inability to have tough, nuanced conversations is killing us figuratively and during COVID, literally.
The immune systems have never been manipulated more than they had with the introduction of mRNA. We don’t actually know how they will react. Some think they are more vulnerable. So when I say it could be a pandemic of the vaccinated it actually could.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
The bold is the key.

further, the government creates the perverse incentives - why be accountable for your own health when there are no discernable financial costs? no social costs? instead you are told you are a victim

imagine if we had the universal healthcare that some in the government dream of? the individual would be completely separated from any costs associated with their behavior. the open bar model encourages getting hammered; the cash bar model the opposite.

In fairness the big one is coming; it is only a matter of time.

The tragic irony of COVID is that governments exhausted their political capital, their potential monetary reserves, and their citizen's willpower on a viral infection akin to the flu. When the big one comes, many more people will perish than would otherwise because COVID was overplayed.

Reminds you a children's fable.
The fallout from what they did with Covid will be with us for generations.

We may well need Science and Experts in the near future. The message won’t resonate with large swaths of the populace after the display they put on.

I’ve picked up truckloads of dead snow geese dating back at least 5 years. We would pull up in a field to prepare for a hunt and flush out thousands of geese. The dead ones we would pick up and discard them. This stuff has been going on for years. Ask any waterfowl Hunter on a major flyway. They are trying to make this into more than what it is.

Reactions: headhunter15
Everyone has to do what they think is best, I just don't understand why people get tested. Does it make a difference in what you would do if it was just a bad cold vs Covid?
This a good question. I had a bug that was going around a month or so ago and...took a covid test. My thought process extended from the one time I did have have it and jumped on it with the treatments that were still verboten in the media. Was down about a half day.

Not sure I would bother again with that so, as you say, why test?

I actually had a heated discussion with the Covenant administration regarding this. In the heat of the "Delta wave," they weren't even administering it in the ER. UT wasn't either.

Finally, UT started an outpatient infusion center, but the hours sucked and it was a pain in the ass. I got Fort Loudon to start doing the subQ injections after I told them they were killing people by not administering it to the frail.

Two of my staff members got mAb under my orders, and both were incredibly better in 24 hours.

I, and several of my medical friends, took ivermectin with maybe round 2. I was off the couch in 1-2 days and back to work.
I took when I got it and was better almost immediately. Missed a day of work. I may be off on this recollection, but it seemed some of the big box pharmacies were not taking prescriptions for it. Went to a locally owned to get it.

I took when I got it and was better almost immediately. Missed a day of work. I may be off on this recollection, but it seemed some of the big box pharmacies were not taking prescriptions for it. Went to a locally owned to get it.
CORRECTION: Mrs Cleveland, the nurse, said it was hydrochloroquin (sp?), not ivermectin.

Last edited:
Reactions: kiddiedoc

Not Covid, but something to watch out for.

And here comes the fear! Not from you guys, but the apparatus that loves to stoke fear early and often to see if they can manipulate everyone again. Gotta get your new bird flu shots soon. I can only imagine what that cocktail will consist of.

Reactions: headhunter15
The immune systems have never been manipulated more than they had with the introduction of mRNA. We don’t actually know how they will react. Some think they are more vulnerable. So when I say it could be a pandemic of the vaccinated it actually could.

You have the wrong boogie man.

mRNA technology is a game changer for our species. From real pandemics (in the future) to fighting cancer and other chronic fatal diseases on an individual level, mRNA/gene therapy/oncolytic viruses are going to save a massive number of lives and improve our quality of life.

The problem is that we are transitioning between theoretical design and actual production (at scale). We are in our infancy of production experience and we suck at it.

Don't throw the baby out with bathwater.

Reactions: EasternVol
You have the wrong boogie man.

mRNA technology is a game changer for our species. From real pandemics (in the future) to fighting cancer and other chronic fatal diseases on an individual level, mRNA/gene therapy/oncolytic viruses are going to save a massive number of lives and improve our quality of life.

The problem is that we are transitioning between theoretical design and actual production (at scale). We are in our infancy of production experience and we suck at it.

Don't throw the baby out with bathwater.
I disagree. The spike is one of the problems. In some cases it can’t enter the body and manifest like a prion. The risk of clot and stroke is another. The damage it can do to females is another. VAERs data cannot be ignored. We are ignoring basic virology. we have had Corona viruses for multiple decades. Had we not shut everything down and abandoned our training then the virus would have done wahat all viruses do. Remember, it had a 99% survival rate even though we screwed up the response to it.

The best thing to do would be to hang Anthony Fauci

further, the government creates the perverse incentives - why be accountable for your own health when there are no discernable financial costs? no social costs? instead you are told you are a victim

imagine if we had the universal healthcare that some in the government dream of? the individual would be completely separated from any costs associated with their behavior. the open bar model encourages getting hammered; the cash bar model the opposite.

Absolutely agree.

Politically, we are heading towards universal healthcare while maintaining our rugged American individual freedom to do whatever we want. That's going to be an abject disaster. The only shot we have of having a functional universal healthcare system is to tax the **** out of unwanted behaviors; sin tax junk food into oblivion, tax weight by the pound (over a healthy weight), tax breaks for exercise/healthy weight.

The other part of the equation is the difference in healthcare iron triangles between the US and Western Europe/Canada. We have access and quality while sacrificing cost. They have quality and cost while sacrificing access (although some systems could be characterized as having cost and access while sacrificing quality). We each covet the characteristic the other has. The problem is that we have a much higher inflated/artificial demand due to how unhealthy we are. Ultimately, that excess demand will destroy any iron triangle we choose.

The fallout from what they did with Covid will be with us for generations.

We may well need Science and Experts in the near future. The message won’t resonate with large swaths of the populace after the display they put on.

Totally agree.

As sinister as it may seem, I think the only way out is an existential threat (war, famine, pandemic, super volcano, asteroid, etc.) that pulls us into a new era. Similar to what WWII did for the US and the world at large.

VN Store

Back