Tennessee Lady Vol News

Nothing but bulletin board material for KC. So many people are underestimating her. Hope she quiets that crowd
Did you read it? It's not bulletin board material for KC, it's a pre-season blank check excuse for her. It totally blames the state of the program as she inherited it if they don't get in the tourney. Literally says that. Adams(and Creme) set the bar so low that anything CKC accomplishes will be a win.

Adams is definitely right about how much harder the SEC is this year, and possibly right to say the SEC will get 11 teams in the tourney. But to say the LVs won't be among them, and putting TAM, who can barely field a team, and Vandy ahead of us is just dumb and uninformed.

Did you read it? It's not bulletin board material for KC, it's a pre-season blank check excuse for her. It totally blames the state of the program as she inherited it if they don't get in the tourney. Literally says that. Adams(and Creme) set the bar so low that anything CKC accomplishes will be a win.

Adams is definitely right about how much harder the SEC is this year, and possibly right to say the SEC will get 11 teams in the tourney. But to say the LVs won't be among them, and putting TAM, who can barely field a team, and Vandy ahead of us is just dumb and uninformed.
When's the last time we missed a tourney anyway? I feel like it's been a very long time. Could be wrong though

Reactions: knoxvol52 and glv98
Hit piece by JA!
Not even being close to a hit piece. It is a report on Creme's projection (which coupled with $3.50 can get you a cup of Starbucks acrid House roast).

Low expectations are the LVs and CKC's friend. Much better to exceed low expectations than to not meet lofty ones, as in the past 2 seasons.

The face is that CKC has exceeded expectations in the portal, giving the timing of her hiring and not having a lot of prior connections but in relative terms, other schools have had, on paper, better portals (to this point).

CKC has to be able to create a whole is better than the sum of its parts dynamic for this team to be a real contender in the conference which should be insanely tough next season.

Makes for a great narrative though. Darth would be proud.

Not even being close to a hit piece. It is a report on Creme's projection (which coupled with $3.50 can get you a cup of Starbucks acrid House roast).

Low expectations are the LVs and CKC's friend. Much better to exceed low expectations than to not meet lofty ones, as in the past 2 seasons.

The face is that CKC has exceeded expectations in the portal, giving the timing of her hiring and not having a lot of prior connections but in relative terms, other schools have had, on paper, better portals (to this point).

CKC has to be able to create a whole is better than the sum of its parts dynamic for this team to be a real contender in the conference which should be insanely tough next season.
Synergy, sha!

I think it’s a completely unnecessary article and takes subtle hits at KC, hence my hit piece comment, it may not be close to being a hit piece FOR YOU.

I think it’s a completely unnecessary article and takes subtle hits at KC, hence my hit piece comment, it may not be close to being a hit piece FOR YOU.
Not just me I suspect. But I am open to alternative readings

Okay, where is the subtle hit at CKC?

First, Caldwell must rebuild a depleted roster that will dearly miss first-round WNBA draft pick Rickea Jackson. Then, she must implement her up-tempo, 3-point-shooting offense that also will feature a full-court pressing defense, which served her so well last season at Marshall.

Which of those quoted statements is a dig at CKC-- that the team will miss one of the greatest offensive talents in the history of the program (the nerve!!!!) or that she will need time to implement her new system (which CKC also stated in one of her press conferences)?? _ get the lawyers ready, a liable suit is coming for sure.

And what makes an article at this point of the season "necessary" anyway? But when a major pundit like Charlie Creme predicts that the LVs will not make the tournament for the first time, that is a kind of relevant story to discuss.

Last edited:
He/she/they has transcended into a mythic figure-- the God or Goddess of negavols. Not posting has proven to be a brilliant move.
I just hope the not posting was a plan, not an event forced by life. That is one strong dude if he held off posting while his dream of KJH being dumped came true only for the style points.

I just hope the not posting was a plan, not an event forced by life. That is one strong dude if he held off posting while his dream of KJH being dumped came true only for the style points.
Danny White kind of put him in a box (perhaps his master plan all along). While Darth would have had much joy in grave dancing on the Harpers, CKC is also the kind of hire he would have loved to trash. But he would not have just gotten the usual grief from we support the LV coach through thick or thin camp but the Danny White fan boys would have flamed him into oblivion

Last edited:

VN Store

Back