Tennessee Softball 2024

Should be interesting with an OSU/OU matchup in the big 12 semifinals (should they take care of business) if there is any movement. I think if we can make it to the championship game & ou loses in the semifinals to osu we could bump up to the number 2 seed

Should be interesting with an OSU/OU matchup in the big 12 semifinals (should they take care of business) if there is any movement. I think if we can make it to the championship game & ou loses in the semifinals to osu we could bump up to the number 2 seed
Everything is wide open at the moment. OU, Texas, Tenn, Duke, OSU. The top 5
Stanford, UCLA, Florida, next imo
FSU really fell flat this week, first Florida and then Syracuse took 2 out of 3 games.

How does a 1 seed get the 10am game
The top seed always plays the first scheduled game of the day, unless they are hosting the tournament. The host team is given the option of playing in the evening slot. Same format as the basketball tournament, top seed always plays first. The idea of being that it maximizes rest.

As we approach the 2024 SEC Softball Tournament, I thought it might be interesting to review who has won the tournament in the previous 26 (tournament) years.

Alabama 6
LSU 5
Florida 5
Tennessee 3
Auburn 2
South Carolina 2
Arkansas 1
Georgia 1
Ole Miss 1

Just like the regular season the three schools from the deep South have dominated the tournament.

LSU has not won a regular season championship or tournament championship in the 13 years of the Torina era! Pressure?

If not for a dropped fly ball on the third out in the 7th inning of one of Auburn's two championships, the championship would belong to Tennessee.

Tennessee has an opportunity to make an incredible statement with back to back tournament wins to go with back to back regular season championships.

Big challenge. I know we are up to task.

VN Store

Back