The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Like others I do not care who Levis played for in college. I care about his erratic passing accuracy, decision making and pompous attitude; the latter of which he can have if he can back it up.

So they can stack the deck and see if he has a winning hand. He basically has a guru QB HC and a guru O-line coach with whom to work. He may have a top WR room. We know the RBs can catch the ball. Go get the job done and we are good.
Yes, I also don't care about the college team. The attitude is my concern. We shall see.

Reactions: Vols4us
he may work out or not, but I don't give a sh!t what collage my pro teams players played for
Yeah I never get the major fan service for former Vols in the pros by some fans. Sure I want them to have great careers but back in the day I was screaming for Kearse to plant Peyton in the dirt.

Well one thing’s for sure, if we do sign Boyd, we should know pretty dang quickly if Levis is the guy or not. That would be an absolutely stacked WR room.
Honestly, it’s also going to depend a lot on how much time this new offensive line gels and can keep him upright as well.

(If JC’s rookie year ends up having continuing rookie growing pains at the most important blocking spot on the offensive line, it’s going to be a rough/long year.)

Honestly, it’s also going to depend a lot on how much time this new offensive line gels and can keep him upright as well.

(If JC’s rookie year ends up having continuing rookie growing pains at the most important blocking spot on the offensive line, it’s going to be a rough/long year.)
Yeah, we will need one more year to get enough blocking for him. Another year of chuck and duck.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Amy has decided to tank this franchise so should be in top 10 routinely for next few years until new stadium opens.
Say what? Exactly what makes you think she's tanking the franchise? Callahan & Carthon have both stated the goal is to compete for a playoff spot this season and based on their FA signings and draft that holds true.

They are still looking at top FA's available in Tyler Boyd and they'll likely go after safety Justin Simmons the top FA still available.

Say what? Exactly what makes you think she's tanking the franchise? Callahan & Carthon have both stated the goal is to compete for a playoff spot this season and based on their FA signings and draft that holds true.

They are still looking at top FA's available in Tyler Boyd and they'll likely go after safety Justin Simmons the top FA still available.

Hiring a guy who held a position in name only with no real playcalling authorities is really a "looking to improve the franchise" hire along with her pick of Ran as GM. They have to use the cap space because there is so much of it on signings.

Amy is Bud 2.0....

Let's not all act like she is some brainiac of an owner.

Hiring a guy who held a position in name only with no real playcalling authorities is really a "looking to improve the franchise" hire along with her pick of Ran as GM. They have to use the cap space because there is so much of it on signings.

Amy is Bud 2.0....

Conversely, hiring a young coach and GM who were both considered up and comers within the industry and then signing a bunch of players to improve the roster is the opposite of trying to tank a franchise.

Amy is Bud 2.0....

Oof.

Conversely, hiring a young coach and GM who were both considered up and comers within the industry and then signing a bunch of players to improve the roster is the opposite of trying to tank a franchise.
Callahan was on the short list for interviews with several other teams in the offseason. Strong hire IMO. Instant coaching fraternity respect, which leads to player respect.

She is rebuilding the franchise from the facilities to operations to the coaching staff to the roster. That included firing a HC stuck in the past who was tanking the franchise in addition to the new stadium.

Only time will tell if she will be successful. I think she is off to an excellent start.

Some cannot accept that truth. That's their problem, not hers.

While I liked Vrabel, he kept a bad offensive coordinator and a poor special teams coach too long. Those decisions had a lot to do with the Titans not making the playoffs the past 2 seasons.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Amy has decided to tank this franchise so should be in top 10 routinely for next few years until new stadium opens.
Yeah, putting together a top third of the league receiving corp screams tank. So does putting together one of the better corner groups.

Seriously man, what moves made so far make you believe she's tanking the team?

While I liked Vrabel, he kept a bad offensive coordinator and a poor special teams coach too long. Those decisions had a lot to do with the Titans not making the playoffs the past 2 seasons.
For a defensive guy he also consistently fielded a bad corner grouping which seemed to get worse year by year. So did linebacker play. I liked Vrabel but he was trending in a very bad way.

In fact he was such a great coach he got very little interest in the market. That tells me a lot about what other franchises thought of him.

Last edited:

Amy is Bud 2.0....

2ApEArr.jpeg

VN Store

Back