UT hockey moving up to top division

This is great news!

I played two games for the Ice Vols in Feb 2004. I got to campus as a freshman in Fall 2003 and they had seen tape of me in HS as a goalie. I went through preseason and tryouts and was fourth on the depth chart. Since it was a club sport, you also had to pay to play (I think it was around $2,000). I let the coach know I wouldn't be able to play and he thanked me for trying out.

Four months later and some of the players got drunk and rowdy on a flight home from playing Arizona State. Multiple players were suspended and they didn't have enough people on the roster to replace them. Coach called me and 24 hours later, I was in a UT RecSports van headed to Raleigh a replacement player for a 2 game series against NC State. It was the first time I had played any position besides goalie and I was terrible (goalies never have to worry about getting checked into the boards).

A week later, I fractured my wrist after wrecking a scooter on Lake Loudon Blvd... Ending my brief college hockey career.

The few weeks I was an Ice Vol were amazing.

This is great news!

I played two games for the Ice Vols in Feb 2004. I got to campus as a freshman in Fall 2003 and they had seen tape of me in HS as a goalie. I went through preseason and tryouts and was fourth on the depth chart. Since it was a club sport, you also had to pay to play (I think it was around $2,000). I let the coach know I wouldn't be able to play and he thanked me for trying out.

Four months later and some of the players got drunk and rowdy on a flight home from playing Arizona State. Multiple players were suspended and they didn't have enough people on the roster to replace them. Coach called me and 24 hours later, I was in a UT RecSports van headed to Raleigh a replacement player for a 2 game series against NC State. It was the first time I had played any position besides goalie and I was terrible (goalies never have to worry about getting checked into the boards).

A week later, I fractured my wrist after wrecking a scooter on Lake Loudon Blvd... Ending my brief college hockey career.

The few weeks I was an Ice Vol were amazing.
Legendary. #GBO!

Reactions: amaralfan1

VN Store

Back