Who benefits more from a Lady Vol / Uconn game?

texas_vol2

Sorry if I missed it here but yesterday I was reading USA today and caught an article saying Gino announced they would be playing us again.

So. . . who gets more benefit from this game. The way I see it its an opportunity for them to poach local players from our area. Not sure what it does for us.

Ask this question in the "2024-25 Schedule/Uconn returns!" Thread...
Sorry if I missed it here but yesterday I was reading USA today and caught an article saying Gino announced they would be playing us again.

So. . . who gets more benefit from this game. The way I see it its an opportunity for them to poach local players from our area. Not sure what it does for us.

Refs are already prepping for the game so Auriemma will know exactly what he is gonna get down here…Gonna getcha, Geno!
A32B35C9-C017-4A70-B496-E7384061444D.jpeg62B281C1-64AF-4056-AEB4-A81EBA13B4DD.jpeg09099F98-92F8-4435-8510-B9696A0FC443.jpeg

Reactions: chuckiepoo

You are probaly right. Geno has need at U Conn for a long time. We have a first year coach. I really think coach Kim will be a good coach. Just going to take some time to get her players in here. I hope the Lady Vols win 20+ games her first year.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

We haven’t gotten the best TN players under Harper. They have nothing to win, not sure why they’d have done it. Hoping the new coach changes it.

Reactions: gladiator06
We haven’t gotten the best TN players under Harper. They have nothing to win, not sure why they’d have done it. Hoping the new coach changes it.
Playing them next year is tough since they are stacked, but o don’t mind playing them. You have to figure one of these years we can have the stacked roster and they will be mediocre.

Last edited:

Everyone. We need to know where we stack up against the benchmark teams. Kids come to Tennessee to play in big games.

The main beneficiaries are the fans and the sport in general. It is a historic rivalry that gets views. If you want to grow the game, you sign on to continue the rivalry.

If I had to choose, I think that Tennessee has a chance to benefit more because UConn is the prohibitive favor. If they win, they were supposed to; if they lose, then it's a huge upset and gives CKC a huge scalp to hang on her wall.

The main beneficiaries are the fans and the sport in general. It is a historic rivalry that gets views. If you want to grow the game, you sign on to continue the rivalry.

If I had to choose, I think that Tennessee has a chance to benefit more because UConn is the prohibitive favor. If they win, they were supposed to; if they lose, then it's a huge upset and gives CKC a huge scalp to hang on her wall.
Absolutely agree.

Are you implying that Geno’s head is oversized?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back