Let's talk candidates...

We still should look into Brad Underwood for these reasons.

1. Took Stephen F. Austin to the round of 32, as a first year head coach with a record of 31-2.

2. Outcoached Shaka Smart and won in OT.

3. Is a proven winner at every school he's been.

4. He would be a cheap hire. We would be taking a gamble on a low-major coach, but has a great track record.

5. Reminds me of a younger Bruce.

Underwood would be great. Did an awesome job at SFA this season.

No, Tim Miles.

His isn't either. It took him 17 years to get his first bid. His best year in 20 something years his team won exactly 20 games. In 13 years of d1 he has three 20 win years including post season wins. His resume is worse than Martin's. No thanks. I would rather have White or Cluess or a big name assistant than Miles. Just my opinion though.

His isn't either. It took him 17 years to get his first bid. His best year in 20 something years his team won exactly 20 games. In 13 years of d1 he has three 20 win years including post season wins. His resume is worse than Martin's. No thanks. I would rather have White or Cluess or a big name assistant than Miles. Just my opinion though.

Rick Stansbury is available and he did guide Miss State to the NCAA's 6 times and the NIT 5 times. He's only 54

Reactions: 1 person

17 years? He coached in NAIA and D2 for 6 years before getting at NDSU. He turned around Colorado St. and got them to the NCAAT his last year, and got Nebraska to the NCAAT in his second year.

I wouldn't want White over him.

Mark Turgeon from Maryland. Good recruiter if you get him away from Under Armour. He would do well at a Nike school. Look at what he did at A&M.

17 years? He coached in NAIA and D2 for 6 years before getting at NDSU. He turned around Colorado St. and got them to the NCAAT his last year, and got Nebraska to the NCAAT in his second year.

I wouldn't want White over him.

Ok. 11 years of D1 before a bid. Took five years to "turn around" CSU and finally winning 20 games including one in the conference tourney. Then got blown out by Murray State first game of the tourney.

I'm not impressed. He never even won 20 regular season games in 13 years of D1 ball.

I would like to get Richard Pitino from Minn. Tennessee has to be a better job than UM but I would worry his dad would look for him to be his successor at UoL. I would also look at the coach from Michigan, he just lost 2-3 players to the draft and has made Michigan very good.

I would like to get Richard Pitino from Minn. Tennessee has to be a better job than UM but I would worry his dad would look for him to be his successor at UoL. I would also look at the coach from Michigan, he just lost 2-3 players to the draft and has made Michigan very good.

The last time we hired a guy who was at his school only one year and won the NIT, after replacing Tubby Smith, we got Buzz Peterson.

Reactions: 2 people
Here is the break down of what I believe all UT fans need this coach to be...

Community Presence A+
Recruiting A
Coaching A-

Here is what CCM was:

Community Presence C+
Recruiting C
Coaching B-

We need a Butch Jones for basketball...

Someone to make it exciting, bring in great players and coach them up...
Then why not go after the coach of the Globetrotters?

Reactions: 1 person
Another off the radar name. Eric Mussleman. He would not be my first choice, but if Howland, Mack, Miles, etc. say no than he could be an intriguing option.

I don't know if Coaching ability is genetic,but he would merit an interview. I'd like Tennessee to go after Donnie Tyndall,Michael White or even somebody like Western Kentucky coach Ray Harper who has a great record of 382-86.

Step away from the pipe!

Why not?
Dude is not cuttin it with Boston and they won't put up with that much longer! He might see a chance to get out before he gets his head chopped off. I don't think its as far fetched as a lot of you guys apparently do!

Mick Cronin Cincinnati, great record, strong recruiter. team beat Louisville and Memphis during season...very fiery coach. also good friend to Butch jones..

Why not?
Dude is not cuttin it with Boston and they won't put up with that much longer! He might see a chance to get out before he gets his head chopped off. I don't think its as far fetched as a lot of you guys apparently do!

Dude was given Boston's worst roster since the Pitino era. Calm down.

VN Store

Back