Is Utah State really that good???

If by "that good", you mean losing to every decent team they faced, then yes... they're that good. Lost to USC, Boise State, BYU , Utah and Fresno State. There only good win was Northern Illinois.

Their wins? 2-10 Weber St(D-2), 1-11 Hawaii, 2-10 Air Force, 3-9 New Mexico, 5-7 Wyoming, 6-6 San Jose St, 7-6 UNLV, 8-6 Colorado St and as previously mentioned, 12-2 Northern Illinois. Their second and third best wins were to teams with 6 losses.

Conclusion: If losing 5 games in a season and beating 3 teams above .500 constitutes as being "that good", they nailed it.

Reactions: 1 person
Truthfully, most of their losses to better teams were fairly close. Still, they only had like one quality win and beat terrible teams. Should be no different when they play the Vols. I'm planning on a beat down but at the very least, Tennessee should walk away with a W. Just like every other team that was better than Utah State last year.

To be honest, I'm shocked that we are only 6.5 point favorites. I think we win by AT LEAST two touchdowns, and that's after getting quite a few players in during the 4th quarter.

I'm not. The media of sports have no concept of true team chemistry. They think it is all about talent. Some teams are coached up and some just have the right chemistry. This is the first year in a few we have that chemistry, now let's hope for the coaching up just like the USCjr game. We have the talent also just a lot of inexperience. GBO

Go back and watch the USCe game from last year. Home field was rocking. Their offense in the first half was crippled and shaken, mainly because they couldn't hear themselves think. The first game in a new season with lots of talent infused in the team, do you think the stadium may be rocking for USU?

Also, in the second half of that game Shaw started running more. We put him out of the game.

Because of that, I expect us to trounce USU.

Go back and watch the USCe game from last year. Home field was rocking. Their offense in the first half was crippled and shaken, mainly because they couldn't hear themselves think. The first game in a new season with lots of talent infused in the team, do you think the stadium may be rocking for USU?

Also, in the second half of that game Shaw started running more. We put him out of the game.

Because of that, I expect us to trounce USU.

I think UT wins because they can't handle UT's receivers and the style of play Jones is bringing to UT... all of the intangible stuff is fairly minor by comparison.

You guys remember the doom and gloom about W KY?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOECMINV_mE

Except USU is no Western Kentucky. Sagarin had W.Ky ranked 85 in 2012, USU was 19. In 2013 W.Ky was 91, USU was 45.

Comparing USU to W.Ky is like comparing Tennessee to Toledo. They're not on the same level. It is a complete failure in logic to compare the two as equals.

Except USU is no Western Kentucky. Sagarin had W.Ky ranked 85 in 2012, USU was 19. In 2013 W.Ky was 91, USU was 45.

Comparing USU to W.Ky is like comparing Tennessee to Toledo. They're not on the same level. It is a complete failure in logic to compare the two as equals.

lol at using the Sagarin to rate with and compare talent. In 2011, 10-3 Cinci ended the season ranked Sagarin 30. 5-7 UT ended at 50 in the same rating system.

Head-to-head was 45-23, UT.

Come on in, guys. Make sure to flash your Sagarin rating at the crowd as you leave the field. We'll point at the scorebaord and sing Rocky Top for you.

lol at using the Sagarin to rate with and compare talent. In 2011, 10-3 Cinci ended the season ranked Sagarin 30. 5-7 UT ended at 50 in the same rating system.

Head-to-head was 45-23, UT.

Come on in, guys. Make sure to flash your Sagarin rating at the crowd as you leave the field. We'll point at the scorebaord and sing Rocky Top for you.

Use any rating metric you want. USU is no Western Kentucky.

I'm more worried about ark state personally, like this if you agree

no-facebook-likes-for-you.jpg

2013 Stats

UTAH STATE
PASSING YARDS- 233.4, 67th Overall

RUSHING YARDS-178.1, 53rd Overall

POINTS FOR- 31.8, 51st Overall

POINTS AGAINST17.1, 7th Overall

WKU

PASSING YARDS- 261.7, 36th Overall

RUSHING YARDS- 196.8, 34th Overall

POINTS FOR- 30.8, 54th Overall

POINTS AGAINST- 24.6, 44th Overall

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I doubt you guys score any TD's from rushing... but you will score on your DB's.... that's the only questionable spot right now on D.

I doubt you guys score any TD's from rushing... but you will score on your DB's.... that's the only questionable spot right now on D.

Yes. You guys have a better run defense than UGA, SC and Alabama did last year. We really are biting out fingernails here. You sound like a person who's watched a lot of USU and then looked at our final record. Stick with that.

You guys will need to stack the box to try to shut down our running game. I invite you to do that and leave your DBs out on an island. If you don't, we'll still pass on your DBs, and we'll average around 5 yards per rush.

I'll be here to revisit the stats after the game. I'll bring the crow if it's needed.

:hi:

And edit: How can you say the DBs are the only questionable spot? You guys are having trouble snapping the ball.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back