Is Utah State really that good???

Haha well I already stated I was predicting a Tennessee win.

Heaven forbid utah state have anything right or solid in the program though. Any other strengths I can mention that you can go ahead and disprove and tear apart for me?

While I predict Tennessee will win I am 100% expecting a good game to watch though. I bought some great seats with my friends and will be there in attendance and can't wait for the experience.

I don't mean to sound like I'm trashing your team. I've said before and I'll say again, I have a lot of respect for USU, their program, and their system. I'm predicting a great season for you guys after the first game, and will be rooting for you the rest of the way.

It's not that I'm trashing. It's that I am pointing out the obvious mismatches from our perspective, and they make me confident.

I hope you have a great trip. You'll find a lot of folks that love CFB and genuinely work hard to give opposing fans a pleasant visit. Your time, money and travel will be well spent.

:hi:

I don't mean to sound like I'm trashing your team. I've said before and I'll say again, I have a lot of respect for USU, their program, and their system. I'm predicting a great season for you guys after the first game, and will be rooting for you the rest of the way.

It's not that I'm trashing. It's that I am pointing out the obvious mismatches from our perspective, and they make me confident.

I hope you have a great trip. You'll find a lot of folks that love CFB and genuinely work hard to give opposing fans a pleasant visit. Your time, money and travel will be well spent.

:hi:

I would say similar height differences exist between any opposing WR and CB combination in the country. There aren't a whole lot of 6'2 + Cbs out there.

Heaven forbid utah state have anything right or solid in the program though. Any other strengths I can mention that you can go ahead and disprove and tear apart for me?

While I predict Tennessee will win I am 100% expecting a good game to watch though. I bought some great seats with my friends and will be there in attendance and can't wait for the experience.

I think we win by a couple scores but hope you have a great time. Ive been to away games and been fortunate to have always been treated with respect. as long as youre not in/near the student section i imagine you will be treated with class. Enjoy your trip to Neyland, and God Bless. I take pride in our atmosphere and hospitality. Frequently go to NFL games (Carolina, hate Cam) and its nothing like Neyland. You are truly in for a treat. Enjoy.

I would say similar height differences exist between any opposing WR and CB combination in the country. There aren't a whole lot of 6'2 + Cbs out there.

I disagree. I think you'll rarely line up against a 4-wide of 6'3, 6'3, 6'4, 6'5, with tight ends thrown in to boot. Usually, you may see one WR the size that UT will line up on the 31st, and as sjt pointed out, you would double-team and cheat toward that WR. But four of them? Really?

You seriously expect to meet:

6'3 - 183
6'3 - 207
6'3 - 204
6'4 - 221
6'5 - 243

???

And you know what? They're not even all of our studs. They're just the big, fast, athletic guys. We still have fast, athletic guys like Pig Howard that you'll have to deal with.

This is not homerism. You will not meet this combination of size, speed and skill for years to come. And you won't be the only team outmatched by our unit for the very reason you pointed out... There aren't many CB in the nation with the size to win repeated battles against them.

I am NOT trashing your team AT ALL. I'm actually impressed with what's been done there. I'm a wait and see guy. Wells followed a pretty good set up. You never know what the next guy will do after someone like Andersen.

I think this would be the game you, most USU fans, and even a sizeable number of UT fans expect if not for the match up between UT's receivers and your back 7. From where we sit right now, it just looks like a complete mismatch that will turn this game into a 17+ pt win for UT. I only say that because of the big play potential UT has with those guys. I think schematically without that advantage USU would pose a pretty tough problem for UT's O. While Keeton is certainly a very good player, your WR's just aren't scary.

So without that one match up, I'd be expecting a tight ball game with UT gaining a slight advantage on intangibles and overall athleticism.... with it... not so much.

I remember the NC State game when they were touting that cornerback that was pre season all everything, he got absolutely TORCHED. Our WR's are much BETTER as a group this year. This game will not be close.

Reactions: 1 person
This is a MUST win for us. If we are to win at least 6 and go bowling we cannot let this one get away. Talent vs. talent it shouldn't be that close but things happen in football. We have to avoid untimely penalties and turnovers.

I think we win by a couple scores but hope you have a great time. Ive been to away games and been fortunate to have always been treated with respect. as long as youre not in/near the student section i imagine you will be treated with class. Enjoy your trip to Neyland, and God Bless. I take pride in our atmosphere and hospitality. Frequently go to NFL games (Carolina, hate Cam) and its nothing like Neyland. You are truly in for a treat. Enjoy.

Neyland is a great venue opposing fan wise unless you: talk trash, bash the Vols, become an idiot. Remember, you're always in the minoroty of the 102,455

This game won't even be close. First off we will get AT LEAST 3 turnovers, 2 int and 1 fr. Second Worley is Goin to throw for over 300 yrds. Last Lane and Hurd will combine for another 200+ on the ground. Final score 41-17. Finish the year 7-5 or 8-4, plus the bowl game. We back baby GBO!

Reactions: 2 people
Even being a Tennessee fan I have to say most of the comments on this page are so biased towards Tennessee. That's maybe how this website is supposed to work, just as a motivational thing, but I think we need to use our common sense

This game won't even be close. First off we will get AT LEAST 3 turnovers, 2 int and 1 fr. Second Worley is Goin to throw for over 300 yrds. Last Lane and Hurd will combine for another 200+ on the ground. Final score 41-17. Finish the year 7-5 or 8-4, plus the bowl game. We back baby GBO!

I Love it, besides, Reality is way over rated!
Go Vols

After struggling through this thread , the one thing that stands out to me is the emphasis on size difference. McCullers was huge!!! but didn't play huge.
I see us (yes, I refer to Tenn as us) winning but if you go on size, we don't win many games if you start looking at the LOS where it makes the biggest differenece

Even being a Tennessee fan I have to say most of the comments on this page are so biased towards Tennessee. That's maybe how this website is supposed to work, just as a motivational thing, but I think we need to use our common sense

Common sense says Tennessee is going to come out ready and whip the Aggies!! GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!

Inbred Hillbillies vs cheese snorting Aggies

Aggies by 7

I'll come back and eat crow if this does not happen.

Yet another original inbred hillbilly comment, this time by somebody I assume is from the moose- humping state of Alaska. Go play with a grizzly, Nanook.
Unless you're from Arkansas and don't know state abbreviations, which is entirely plausible considering the IQ of that overgrown chicken farm.

Last edited:

:lolabove: He said "common sense" on VolNation. Now that's funny.

After struggling through this thread , the one thing that stands out to me is the emphasis on size difference. McCullers was huge!!! but didn't play huge.
I see us (yes, I refer to Tenn as us) winning but if you go on size, we don't win many games if you start looking at the LOS where it makes the biggest differenece

You really think size/strength doesn't make a big difference in WR/CB matchups? 6 inches and 40-50 lbs, with the big guy being fast and athletic?

Really?

You really think size/strength doesn't make a big difference in WR/CB matchups? 6 inches and 40-50 lbs, with the big guy being fast and athletic?

Really?

I have to agree with you on that point. The wide outs that we have should not have any problems getting open with that kind of size difference.

Yet another original inbred hillbilly comment, this time by somebody I assume is from the moose- humping state of Alaska. Go play with a grizzly, Nanook.
Unless you're from Arkansas and don't know state abbreviations, which is entirely plausible considering the IQ of that overgrown chicken farm.

It's fans like this that give Tennessee fans a bad reputation.

VN Store

Back