Looks Like Top 2 WRs Are Out Now

Croom plays soft for his size, injured or not. Can't get separation or outmuscle a defender for a ball despite him being 6'5" and 230lbs.

That's why you hear Butch get frustrated in spring and fall camp with guys who have the physical tools, but won't make that extra effort to improve their skills. There is a reason Croom and Malone were not starting WRs. If you don't practice with max effort, chances are good that you won't play that way either.

That's why you hear Butch get frustrated in spring and fall camp with guys who have the physical tools, but won't make that extra effort to improve their skills. There is a reason Croom and Malone were not starting WRs. If you don't practice with max effort, chances are good that you won't play that way either.

I think Malone is coming along fine. The worst thing he has done since getting here is tear it up in the spring game which gave fans unrealistic expectations of him. It takes time to really understand an offense and most of these highly touted WR recruits have dominated in high school on physical ability alone. When they get to the SEC level, they have to sharpen up on their fundamentals and route running. Give this kid time to adjust before jumping to conclusions on his practice efforts. He's getting game reps and has made a few catches so far, and I would only look for this playing time and catches to increase as the season continues.

Croom has been fine this young season until last night. Could it just be possible that he had a bad game before we write him off? One minute people are raving about him and the next minute he sucks. Who's to say he don't make some big plays for us in the coming weeks and help us win a game. If so, don't go jumping back on the Croom bandwagon if you've been one of the many bashing the young man.

And Liberty... I wasn't basing my comments on Croom on anything you had directly said in your post. Just the thread overall.

Reactions: 1 person
North is our top WR, Pig is definitely not our #2. IMHO, it's North, Pearson, Smith as the top 3.

Anywho, I think both Pearson and Wolf are back for Georgia and hope Smith's isn't severe and he's ready vs the Dawgs too.

Pearson and Smith are definitely not 2 and 3.

Pig and then Pearson and Smith.

Croom needs to use his body more to his advantage and squeeze that ball. I'd like to see him go up and turn like he is rebounding a ball.

No Because Malone is a true freshman. He will be special. He practices hard. Who the hell are u people. Quit ragging on our own players when u don't know

Reactions: 3 people
Sorry for Smith but frankly that brilliant OC of ours was targeting him more than North and Pig who really can make a difference. Hey moron put the ball in their hands, you sorry excuse.

North is our top WR, Pig is definitely not our #2. IMHO, it's North, Pearson, Smith as the top 3.

Anywho, I think both Pearson and Wolf are back for Georgia and hope Smith'sisn't severe and he's ready vs the Dawgs too.
Pig id certainly not behind Smith.

Sorry for Smith but frankly that brilliant OC of ours was targeting him more than North and Pig who really can make a difference. Hey moron put the ball in their hands, you sorry excuse.

Yes because Jake makes Worley throw to him.
Stop being a moron yourself.

Reactions: 9 people

football lesson for you this morning
--when you have an athletic wr matched up 1 on 1 on a safety or lb, you find him, especially when North is getting bracketed. That's how we scored the long td pass, which was thrown to Smith, who happens to have td's at OK and at Ore.

Reactions: 2 people

Wait the OC was deciding who to throw to? This is news to me. Here I thought Worley was just trying to get the ball to the open man...

Reactions: 1 person

I heard this on the radio last Saturday night during the game:
OC, "Worley, throw the ball to North."
Worley, "But Coach they are covering North like..."
OC, "No excuses now. They will let you throw to him and then they will try to tackle him after he gets the ball. I heard Fijivol72 say so. Gotta be true."
:crazy:

Smith has averaged twice as many yards per catch (13.5) this year as Howard (6.8). Last year Smith averaged 15.2 ypc while Howard only averaged 8.8 ypc, the lowest average I've ever seen for a team's leading WR.

With 70 career receptions, Howard has only scored 4 TDs and his longest gain has been 33 yards. Smith has scored 2 TDs on 22 catches, with a nonscoring 51-yarder against Oregon and the 40-yard TD against Oklahoma.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
He was injured on that pass we kept throwing down the line. Why the hell did we keep going to it. I think we lost yardage on it every time we ran it. There was some terrible play calling in the game

He was injured on that pass we kept throwing down the line. Why the hell did we keep going to it. I think we lost yardage on it every time we ran it. There was some terrible play calling in the game

Yea the OLB's from Oklahoma were looking for that play all night. We weren't able to get blocks on Striker and Goodson(?) and they blew it up. I hope Smith makes a quick recovery.

VN Store

Back