Four Vols Return From Injury

I believe Scott will be one of the best players on the offense, sooner than later. I don't know if he would've scored on that play - maybe.

Hurd is fast as heck, he's just so tall that it doesn't seem that way. There are not many defenses that have the speed Oklaholding has. I do think that, if it had been against 75% of the defenses on our schedule, Hurd would've went to the house on that play .

I bet he has a 40-50+ yard TD against Uga. Hopefully we don't let Chubbey/Gurl do the same thing.

It was said in the spring that Hurd is the fastest on the team with pads on. Source Unknown. Too long ago

Unless there's no question that Pearson is ready for UGA, I would hold him out for UF.

To me the UF game is more important for a few reasons. Butch getting a win over UF would be a HUGE deal since we haven't beat them since 2004. We aren't winning the east this year, so if you ask me I'd rather win the UF game. Also, they are percieved to be one of our two biggest rivals along with bammer. This game is at home and we simply have a better chance at beating UF than we do UGA. Sure, I'd love to win them both, but as it pertains to Pearson, I'd rather him be full go against UF.

No.. you bring him back asap. You dont hold players out when their ready and healthy because your not planning to win the east and are looking past a UGA opponent.

Reactions: 1 person
No.. you bring him back asap. You dont hold players out when their ready and healthy because your not planning to win the east and are looking past a UGA opponent.

Go back and read my post again.

It is foolish to rush back from a high ankle sprain if your not ready, speaking from experience here.

If he's not fully ready to go you hold him out.

Do you think he would have scored on Hurd's 43 yard run Saturday night? As impressive as Hurd's run was (set up by some outstanding blocking - textbook in fact), I think he may have. Scott looks to be a step faster but I haven't seen their times.

I was wondering the same thing. I thought Hurd was supposed to have this breakaway 4.3 speed??? He showed nothing of the sort in that run. Yes, a 43 yd gain is nice, but that should have gone to the house. Your tailback has to be able to turn those openings into touchdowns, not get caught. I thought that was what we had in Hurd.......

I was wondering the same thing. I thought Hurd was supposed to have this breakaway 4.3 speed??? He showed nothing of the sort in that run. Yes, a 43 yd gain is nice, but that should have gone to the house. Your tailback has to be able to turn those openings into touchdowns, not get caught. I thought that was what we had in Hurd.......
Seriously?

He averaged 7 ypc on the road against the #4 team in the country in his 3rd ever college game AND a brand new OL. In HS, Jalen would have out ran everyone down the sideline...he will learn that at this level he needs to cut it back inside in that situation.

God, just shut up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 people
Go back and read my post again.

It is foolish to rush back from a high ankle sprain if your not ready, speaking from experience here.

If he's not fully ready to go you hold him out.

I was going off your rationale more than anything, coaches and teams don't think like that, "well, he could play this week but were going to hold him back, bc lets be honest were not going to win the East, and we want to beat FL more than UGA". Sure being rushed back is a bad thing, but if hes ready, play him. Every sprain is a different sprain, and everyones recovery time for a sprain is different, as well as any injury. Still injured and a little sore is two different things.

Extra beef back on the D line to keep Gurley from breaking one is huge. So is the return of our best TE in a TE focused offense. Although Scott's going to be rusty and literally untested, I think he'd run those reverses better than Pig and, although there's debate as to who would have run further on that long one of Hurd's, the fact that he'd be compared shows his value. VP should sit it out if he's not 100%. It's much easier to re-tweak a sprained ankle than to re-sprain one. If he's good to go, then let's go. Every SEC game is vital, kids, with an added emphasis on those on the eastern part. Who are you kidding?

I was going off your rationale more than anything, coaches and teams don't think like that, "well, he could play this week but were going to hold him back, bc lets be honest were not going to win the East, and we want to beat FL more than UGA". Sure being rushed back is a bad thing, but if hes ready, play him. Every sprain is a different sprain, and everyones recovery time for a sprain is different, as well as any injury. Still injured and a little sore is two different things.

He said "if he's healthy" but if not he needs to be fully healed because that's why injuries linger

jeremiah_johnson_nodding-Robert-Redford.gif

Awesome movie! Still watch it when it re-runs!

I thought that guy had the angle on Hurd on that long run. Hurd is big, fast and smart, and he already does a good job pass blocking, most freshman don't. I am d*** glad to have him.

Reactions: 3 people
My opinion, but when Hurd got loose I think he would have scored if Malone blocked his man downfield. Did anyone else notice that?

With these guys returning, the way our defense played hard all game against Oklahoma, and USCe showing us that Georgia isn't perfect; I'm a lot more optimistic about the game next weekend. Given the two weeks they have to recover and prepare, I think our boys are gonna come out swinging. We already know our D can compete, so let's see how CBJ lights a fire under the Oline and how they respond.

Go Vols!!

VN Store

Back