Four Vols Return From Injury

I thought that guy had the angle on Hurd on that long run. Hurd is big, fast and smart, and he already does a good job pass blocking, most freshman don't. I am d*** glad to have him.

I've noticed a couple of plays last weekend that could have gone for big yards (Including Hurds runs) that would have gone all the way if there was better blocking from the WR. Pig, and Croom don't seem to be able to hold their blocks on these long runs or even on some for screens.

I live in Ga...I have to put up.....Well I have to keep it clean.....

I hear you, I grew up in GA, my sister is a UGA grad and have lots of friends who are GA fans. I absolutely hate GA, but still not as much as I hate Bama.

I hear you, I grew up in GA, my sister is a UGA grad and have lots of friends who are GA fans. I absolutely hate GA, but still not as much as I hate Bama.

The Ga fans here in middle ga have this ego about themselves that they are better than you...but they do it in a matter...they really show how stupid they are.....I am from Huntsville, Ala....I really don't have a problem with Old School Bama...b/c my granddad was a huge fan....now these dumb a$$e$ today is a whole different story....but nothing can hold a candle to these fans here in the Macon, Ga area

Tell' um to always bet on Orange....that way you can't do no wrong...

2002syrparker.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I was going off your rationale more than anything, coaches and teams don't think like that, "well, he could play this week but were going to hold him back, bc lets be honest were not going to win the East, and we want to beat FL more than UGA". Sure being rushed back is a bad thing, but if hes ready, play him. Every sprain is a different sprain, and everyones recovery time for a sprain is different, as well as any injury. Still injured and a little sore is two different things.

Were we in the position we were in back in the late 90s and early 2000's I'd agree with you. But the coaches arent stupid. They dont have to win 10 games this year to keep their job and they know it. Butch does however need to get to a bowl game. Mizzou and UF offer him the best chance at getting win #6 because they are not at the top of the east and both games are at home. I go back to what I said originally...if he's questionable give him one more week to make sure he's good to go rather than roll him out there too early and risk further injury.

Do you think he would have scored on Hurd's 43 yard run Saturday night? As impressive as Hurd's run was (set up by some outstanding blocking - textbook in fact), I think he may have. Scott looks to be a step faster but I haven't seen their times.

Hurd would have scored if he would have simply looked back and stiff armed that DB.

Do you think he would have scored on Hurd's 43 yard run Saturday night? As impressive as Hurd's run was (set up by some outstanding blocking - textbook in fact), I think he may have. Scott looks to be a step faster but I haven't seen their times.

Based on their times no. Iirc, Scott is a 4.55 guy whereas Hurd has been laser timed at 4.37.

No.. you bring him back asap. You dont hold players out when their ready and healthy because your not planning to win the east and are looking past a UGA opponent.

They said they put a gps in their uniforms and Hurd is the fastest.

I was wondering the same thing. I thought Hurd was supposed to have this breakaway 4.3 speed??? He showed nothing of the sort in that run. Yes, a 43 yd gain is nice, but that should have gone to the house. Your tailback has to be able to turn those openings into touchdowns, not get caught. I thought that was what we had in Hurd.......
Christ

Seriously?

He averaged 7 ypc on the road against the #4 team in the country in his 3rd ever college game AND a brand new OL. In HS, Jalen would have out ran everyone down the sideline...he will learn that at this level he needs to cut it back inside in that situation.

God, just shut up.

Yes, very seriously. None of your points have ANYTHING to do with having the ball in a completely open field and getting caught as opposed to reaching the endzone. I guess you didn't actually read my post. I didn't knock anything else he did. Just the obvious. He doesn't have the breakaway game changing speed everyone was raving about or he would have been in the endzone. Your orange kool aid glasses are a little blurry.

Per Hubbs

Two different coaches told us Trevarris Saulsberry "could give 8-12 snaps" in all likelihood. His size and experience are both key elements Tennessee is seeking entering SEC play.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back