Danielson "Butch Jones will have them ready"

It's really hard for me to believe Butch would leave UT for Michigan. I know he's from Michigan, but it's not like he graduated from UM or coached there (ala Kiffin).

I see UM going after a successful coach at the mid major level or someone with ties to the program.

Plus, Michigan's fan base is even more delusional than ours. The expectations of a NC championship in Ann Arbor occur annually.

Be careful! MOst of us never thought that Obama would get a 2nd term but he did.....

I really, really hope that bUTch stays but about 20% of me thinks that he will leave to go to Michigan or Florida.

Best way to stop this non-sense is for Michigan & Florida to both become bowl eligible and retain their coaches.

Better way is for US to become bowl eligible and maybe even make some noise in the SEC East race.

Either of the Harbaugh brothers and Les will be the first calls made IMO. I could also see Bronco Mendenhall getting a call if those 3 say no.

I could see one of them going. One is wearing his welcome out in SF and the other isn't pleased with the ownerships handling of the Ray Rice situation.

I would be tickled to death if Michagan come calling for bUTch jones......... Tht would mean that our VOLS are winning freaking football games!!!!! It would be nice just to have a coach that somebody (anybody) even wants!

Hell, we couldn't sell Dooley at a garage sale with a make me a offer price tag! We had to pay to get rid of him. If Michigan comes after CBJ they'll be payin us to take him. That would be a nice for a change that we get paid instead of doin the payin.

i say show me something butch! take us to a bowl game this year then we will talk $$$ dude can recruit i will give him that! but that recruting needs to turn to wins before we throw the house at him!

if we can go bowling this year and win i think we start talking money! i honestly think butch jones loves being at tennessee he bleeds orange and wants to get us back to the promise land! and look at what he has to work with! building great talent plus the best stadium in the world,the best fan base in ncaa!!, and all the new stuff that was just build for our players and new recruits to fall in love with!

Last edited:
Other than it is his home state (but not really his home team), I don't see this. It is a lateral move or slightly down (haven't kept up with their depth or lack thereof). Don't see him starting a new rebuilding project yet either and if he rebuilds here with success for a few years there are not many college programs that are an upward move. If he has success, as long as we pay him, I think he stays here. Unless he wants to have a go in the NFL.

Regardless, think he has to have a 6-6 or 7-5 season at least and show the progress we hope he will this year before any big money programs come calling.

Lateral move? Take off the Orange glasses my friend. 9 out of 10 coaches would pick that job over ours. The other one is just desperate to be in the SEC. Lets just hope they don't make him the lead candidate...

UF's defenders could not tackle vs Bama. Hurd will have a field day!

Bama has some very good RBs that are better than and more difficult to tackle than Jalen at this point...Yeldon, Henry, Drake. That being said, I hope Jalen gets 20-25 touches vs everybody we play because of his big play potential.

Don't fish for likes, and I have probably been around football for more years than you have been alive.

Yes, it is easier to win in the Big 10, exactly my point. If contentment is winning against lesser competition, then that is the conference to go to. But Butch is a man who seems to like a challenge.

He will be at Tennessee for a long time.
Silly...those "likes," but I stuck one on there for you anyhow. I'm sure you know, Jim, that shallow little minds perceive that all others think in a likewise shallow manner. It makes sense to them that THEY'D drop a current developing endeavor for fiscally and aesthetically greener pastures, so nobody else could possibly possess a more honorable intent. Butch came to UT to build a nationally prominent football program and he's not being lured away by something else that looks shiny. Now...on to beating the dawgs.:good!:

Reactions: 1 person
I think our defense will have no problem containing them. They wouldn't have even scored 21 if it wasn't for Bamas mistakes and giving them a short field. Also, their DBs are very suspect. If Pearson is back and healthy we should chew them up. Worley is light years ahead of Driskell.

Lateral move? Take off the Orange glasses my friend. 9 out of 10 coaches would pick that job over ours. The other one is just desperate to be in the SEC. Lets just hope they don't make him the lead candidate...

I disagree, even with my orange glasses off . See my other posts for clarification. I certainly don't agree 90% would take UM over UT with current rosters and status, unless you are arguing BIG10 is easier to win in. And that doesn't make it a better job, just an easier one.

Your 9 of 10 is your opinion, not a fact, unless coaches are polled, you'll never know

Reactions: 1 person
Silly...those "likes," but I stuck one on there for you anyhow. I'm sure you know, Jim, that shallow little minds perceive that all others think in a likewise shallow manner. It makes sense to them that THEY'D drop a current developing endeavor for fiscally and aesthetically greener pastures, so nobody else could possibly possess a more honorable intent. Butch came to UT to build a nationally prominent football program and he's not being lured away by something else that looks shiny. Now...on to beating the dawgs.:good!:

I agree, to me it seems Butch has too much invested here and has been working tirelessly to build our program. I don't see him leaving for any job at this point because he hasn't finished what he started yet. Judging by his comments (he goes way out of his way to preach about how great Tennessee is) he really likes it here and as long as we treat him fairly he will stay.

GA is winnable.
I think we beat FLA at home.
Bama is winnable.
Missouri we can beat
of the rest KY will be the toughest.

Garbage post and a complete bucket of BS. 45-17 Vols last meeting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Against Florida? I'll take a 3-2 win at this point.

Probably should have put that in blue font. I was mocking Gator99 for saying that.
I too would take a 3-0 or 2-0 win against Florida. Have watched many games in the 80s when Alabama would beat us on plays that you'd never see again like blocking a game winning field goal and then kicking a game winning field goal. Never thought I would see Tennessee win against Alabama again. I'm hoping to see Worley have a game like Peyton had in Birmingham. That would make our year.

Probably should have put that in blue font. I was mocking Gator99 for saying that.
I too would take a 3-0 or 2-0 win against Florida. Have watched many games in the 80s when Alabama would beat us on plays that you'd never see again like blocking a game winning field goal and then kicking a game winning field goal. Never thought I would see Tennessee win against Alabama again. I'm hoping to see Worley have a game like Peyton had in Birmingham. That would make our year.

It has been a while...Bamtards don't play at Legion Field anymore.

I have a strong feeling you are not going to see jeff driskel in two weeks.

It doesn't matter. He would all of a sudden look like a Heisman winner against us anyway. And UT has a history of making backup qbs look good too

VN Store

Back