What Other Message Boards Are Saying: Georgia Bulldogs Edition

Yep was going to say the same thing.. good to know that that willie and jancek are coaching for the vols.. Hutson should have a monster game.

Funny how you can't stand on your own around these parts- you have to snake away because you run your stupid little mouth and people call you out on it. As soon as you see one of your own, you puff out your chest and start swinging.

A horrible South Carolina team that almost lost to Vanderbilt this past weekend made you guys look like little *****es a week and a half ago. You're about to play against the 3rd ranked 3rd down defense in the country (ranked that high even after playing the number 4 team in the country) and you think you're gods.

Good job scoring 66 unanswered points on a middle-school rec league team. That says a lot.

Let's face it- Mark "Perennial Underachiever" Richt's days are numbered after this season.

Reactions: 20 people
They seen to be reasonable except for the score??? Other than the Hurd thing tthey are right in pointing out both teams flaws. I figured they would say our WRs would fare poorly.

The ones here in north georgia seem to think chubb and michel are the next walker.what garbage.

never heard that from any UGA fan.. i usually hear rival fans make that up all the time saying Dawg fans say this or that. chubb and michel are going to be great rbs for Georgia. pretty much anyone who has seen them already can see their ability.

never heard that from any UGA fan.. i usually hear rival fans make that up all the time saying Dawg fans say this or that. chubb and michel are going to be great rbs for Georgia. pretty much anyone who has seen them already can see their ability.

And UGA still won't win an SEC or National Championship with them.

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks for the weekly update OP. It's nice to "put a mindset" with the enemy each week. Good luck next week though....no minds to work with.

They're only reasonable because of the South Carolina loss. If they hadn't been taken down a notch, those boards would be out of control with predictions like 100-3.

Reactions: 3 people
They think they're gonna beat us by 28.... yet they also believe the line is too high at 17? Math is hard.

That being said, sounds like the ones you cited gave some pretty level-headed analysis of our situation. Well, with the exception of that thought on Hurd. How is a true freshman, in his 3rd collegiate game, on the road vs the number 1 team in the country, who has 125 total yds on 15 touches.... how is that kid a bust? I'm sure that's just them being "proud" of their 2 stud freshman RBs and trying to make him sound worse so that they sound better. Hopefully Hurd will give them some things to think about/reconsider on Saturday.

We played the #1 team in the country? and who is How...the true freshman?

Reactions: 1 person
Lol at Uga fans still blaming their bad defenses on coordinators and assistants...

It all starts at the top.

Funny how you can't stand on your own around these parts- you have to snake away because you run your stupid little mouth and people call you out on it. As soon as you see one of your own, you puff out your chest and start swinging.

A horrible South Carolina team that almost lost to Vanderbilt this past weekend made you guys look like little *****es a week and a half ago. You're about to play against the 3rd ranked 3rd down defense in the country (ranked that high even after playing the number 4 team in the country) and you think you're gods.

Good job scoring 66 unanswered points on a middle-school rec league team. That says a lot.

Let's face it- Mark "Perennial Underachiever" Richt's days are numbered after this season.

Last sentence of this post is profound IMO. Very true. In the next few years CBJ will contribute GREATLY to richt losing his job. You can only underachieve with top 10 classes for so long...and UGA boosters are very tired of all the "what if's"...they have been ranked high enough pre-season to play their way into the Natty almost every year...and they always choke. Bigtime choke. 2 or 3 consecutive losses to UT while having (5) different 5 star running backs will be the end of richt. I hate it though honestly, much like muschump i like having richt there to choke every year...and by all accounts he is a devout Christian guy so i wish him no harm outside of what happens on the field.

I like our chances. They have not mentioned our bye week and the extra time to prepare for them. Our defense is legit and geared to stop the run. This will be Butch's 1st signature road win. IMO and I don't typically pump sunshine. Team 118 made a believer out of me with their OK performance. They know what they left on the table last year. Prepare to be very happy Vol fans.

Reactions: 10 people
We played the #1 team in the country? and who is How...the true freshman?

Oklahoma was listed the #1 team in ESPN's power rankings today.....

NCAAF Power Rankings - ESPN

apologies for listing them as the #1 team in the country... They're currently ranked #4 in the AP iirc.

I was referring to Hurd while addressing an earlier post in which Chatta said some Georgia posters on their fan forum were calling him a bust.

One item of interest I noticed on Vn this week. Vol posters are relatively quiet. Quiet like they wrote about the team being last week. I think like the team, fans are poised for what's next. We aren't sure yet if 118 is capable of beating expectations but the doubts are being shed. It isn't always pretty but you can see a team coming together. I'm excited for this game more so than I have been for a ranked SEC road game in a long long time.

Reactions: 8 people
Interesting comment about us ruining their season with injuries. My recollection is that they had 4 players injured, and 2 of those went down without being touched by a Tennessee player. Guess they think our field reached up and grabbed them, or something.

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting comment about us ruining their season with injuries. My recollection is that they had 4 players injured, and 2 of those went down without being touched by a Tennessee player. Guess they think our field reached up and grabbed them, or something.

Didn't understand that either. You would think they would be mad at Clemson, Vandy and MO before UT.

Jancek and Martinez have done wonders for our defense. There is an endless amount of reasons that defensive coaches may do poorly under one head coach and do well under another. Maybe Richt had a different football philosophy than Willie/Jancek did, maybe his style was vastly different than theirs and Butch fits more to their style.

Georgia wasn't any better on defense, especially in the secondary under Grantham, and even bringing in a home run DC hire like Pruitt doesn't seem to have helped. Maybe Georgia's D problems are all on Richt and that's why Martinez and Jancek are thriving now.

Yea, we're all disappointed that he hasn't totally turned things around. I mean, dude's had 3 whole games. He'd better step it up like Jancek and Martinez or he's on the hot seat for sho.:crazy:

Yea, we're all disappointed that he hasn't totally turned things around. I mean, dude's had 3 whole games. He'd better step it up like Jancek and Martinez or he's on the hot seat for sho.:crazy:

So you disagree with my premise? As in you think hiring Pruitt has helped?

And yeah he, your DC, has had 3 whole games..... but it's not like he just got to campus, we're not exactly talking about a true freshman QB here. I would expect a coach to have covered some serious ground between last spring and now, instead your secondary actually looks worse than last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Most of the stuff the OP posted is decent, but most by far are over confident...I hope their players are also...

My brother in law is a UGA fan and he and the rest of the dawg fans I know have either been blaming the past defenses or the fact the new one had a steep learning curve for the past 5 or more years. Meanwhile you guys keep recruiting "Dream Teams" and doing squat with them. Don't get me wrong most UT fans would have traded records with UGA in basically all of those seasons but to have all the talent you have had you guys should be seeing crosseyed by now.

Reactions: 4 people

You should probably watch a UT game from this year.

There's been a large improvement on the defensive side of the ball. There's a reason OU had to hold onto our defensive players all night.

Reactions: 3 people
You should probably watch a UT game from this year.

There's been a large improvement on the defensive side of the ball. There's a reason OU had to hold onto our defensive players all night.

Oh he will find out the hard way... That uga offense will get smashed.

VN Store

Back