Looks like Worley

Worley is just awful. He was awful last year behind a veteran line and he's awful this year behind a horrible line. He just isn't an SEC quarterback. Has no fight in him at all. Survival instincts maybe but no fight.

Reactions: 3 people
Worley would probably "preform" better if he wasn't trying to force plays. Which he is doing because he doesn't have enough time. if he had adequate protection we'd probably be seeing a lot of post about how great he is.

yep he is awful at decision making and slow as lou holtz. he is just a lucky qb at times. and anyone that thinks he is a leader is kidding themselves. watch him on the sidelines and he is motionless on the bench like he is hiding in a porta potty (he stinks that bad). oh wait...i forgot...its the lines fault. my bad carry on worley worshippers
I've held my tounge till this point, but you're right. Worley isn't smart with the ball. He lacks the mental apptitude to know to throw it away. His decisions, when good, are slow. At this point in the year he should know he is getting 2-3 seconds top to throw. At one point tonight he even sacked himself... Some would say it was the RT's fault, but he ran (Nkemdichi ?) up field, as he should have. Worls has zero presence or feel for the rush. If it wasn't for Neal and an NFL o-line we wouldn't have had had high expectations. Worley is a tough guy, I really admire his chin! However, being tough and being good aren't the same. Our o-line hasn't performed at all this year, hopefully a year in the weight room and getting talked bad about is what gets then ready for next year. Oh, and Dobbs is our man. Why would we ruin his confidence, in addition to his body with this o-line. Let's hold our horses and simmer down till we can run our offense till we give up. Go F****** Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
yep he is awful at decision making and slow as lou holtz. he is just a lucky qb at times. and anyone that thinks he is a leader is kidding themselves. watch him on the sidelines and he is motionless on the bench like he is hiding in a porta potty (he stinks that bad). oh wait...i forgot...its the lines fault. my bad carry on worley worshippers

Some Idiots never find a village!:blink:

True that Worley was under pressure all day but he made several terrible decisions and throws too!! Vols need an upgrade at QB next year to be effective. QB needs to be able to run with the ball too for dual threat. Nobody is afraid of Worley running. At least Dobbs can run.

Thanks Obama...
In all seriousness, hard to throw good passes with a defensive lineman in your face on every single play.
This is correct, so if you are an astute follower of the game of football. You appear to be. When do you Mr. QB realize, in the number of games you have played behind this line, you do not have all the time in the world to get RID OF THE FOOTBALL! Worley does not get this concept. JMO

Worley just came out and had a bad game it happens. After that 2nd interception that he threw he was just spook the the rest of the game. Worley was under a lot of pressure with the o-line falling apart which led to a lot of mistakes, just imagining that kind of pressure on me I can understand how he can make a poor decision ,but when you think about it the vols just played the #3 ranked team in the nation & the Vols are probably about the youngest team in the nation. I think we did a lot better than we should have. maybe next week we can get that upset on #7 Alabama & if not its still
Volunteers For Life .

Worley just came out and had a bad game it happens. After that 2nd interception that he threw he was just spook the the rest of the game. Worley was under a lot of pressure with the o-line falling apart which led to a lot of mistakes, just imagining that kind of pressure on me I can understand how he can make a poor decision ,but when you think about it the vols just played the #3 ranked team in the nation & the Vols are probably about the youngest team in the nation. I think we did a lot better than we should have. maybe next week we can get that upset on #7 Alabama & if not its still
Volunteers For Life .

Worley has not played well since UGA.

Volunteers For Life .
Not exactly correct wording OP...Should have said, "Worley just came out and had a typical bad game for him, seems to happen all the time. Looks like the spooks will be out on October 31"!:yikes:

Last edited:
has finally developed David Carr Syndrome. All those sacks and pressures have caught up to him mentally.

This. I can't believe all the Worley haters who came out for this one. Worley has been one of the bright spots on offense. It's clear the beating he has taken has started to affect his mojo.

He made some bad decisions last night but none as bad as the double reverse with Ole Miss camping out in the backfield.

This. I can't believe all the Worley haters who came out for this one. Worley has been one of the bright spots on offense. It's clear the beating he has taken has started to affect his mojo.

He made some bad decisions last night but none as bad as the double reverse with Ole Miss camping out in the backfield.

That was a pitiful play call. It reeked of desperation. It looked like a backyard, drawn up in the dirt play. Saddest part we were actually moving the ball on that drive until then.

Worley has not played well since UGA.

awful game yesterday. just awful. Could've kept it for a first down a couple of times early, could've lofted a nice pass to Malone, but pulled the string on it and threw a terrible one, wouldn't let go of the ball, wouldn't throw it out of bounds on multiple occasions, including taking a 7 yard sack on our sideline.

I don't think he has much awareness during a game.

has finally developed David Carr Syndrome. All those sacks and pressures have caught up to him mentally.

Poor Worley is a old school pro-style QB with no O-line.
Give him plenty of time and he's better. No time and he's the worst. So...we're waiting on a much better QB somewhere over the rainbow with games to still be played. :p :thud:

GO VOLS!

Looks like all you Worley haters will get your wish. Our warrior is hurt, now you get Peterman. Just remember, how much you complained about Worley!

I was thinking the same thing before the start of the game. He's shell-shocked and not the same QB he was earlier in the season. Something about losing to UF seems to burst this team's bubble for the remainder of the season.

This OL is by far the worst I can ever remember Tennessee having.

Worley is the same QB he was last year. The same faults exist in his game with this OL as well as last years OL. You know what really makes me mad is he added another stupid decision by coming off the field with 20 seconds left on the play clock when he was hurt. Go to the ground and let the refs call a TO and give Peterman a little warmup time. JMO

I was cheering when I saw the reverse because it was open and then it became a double reverse that didn't have a chance.

On another note our OL has not thrown an INT or Fumbled all year.

Worley is the same QB he was last year. The same faults exist in his game with this OL as well as last years OL. You know what really makes me mad is he added another stupid decision by coming off the field with 20 seconds left on the play clock when he was hurt. Go to the ground and let the refs call a TO and give Peterman a little warmup time. JMO

I was cheering when I saw the reverse because it was open and then it became a double reverse that didn't have a chance.

This, this and this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think back to that interception he threw in the end zone against FL. He had time to throw, true North was interfered with, but the point is he was covered up. With any g2 at all, Worley throws that ball away or runs for a short gain, on first down no less. Even a field goal wins the game in that situation.

He might be a great kid, but he makes horrible decisions. He's not a read/option QB for sure, and the dude is spooked beyond belief.

Watching Worley play is like being in the twilight zone. "Can this be real? Is this guy still playing? Was I the only one who realized how bad he was? Am I the only one who sees it?" Then I realize it's worst than the twilight zone. It's reality.

We used to run stuff like that in Pop Warner when we were ahead 40 to nothing. Never worked then either. lol

Are there any that are just thinking that we should cut our losses and prepare for next year and give Peterman experience? With an OL as bad as ours, we aren't going to beat anybody, so might as well start gearing for next year. Not a nega at all and I believe Butch will get it done, but games are won up front and we may have the worst OL in all of college football.

And no we should not burn Dobbs' redshirt.

Last edited:
Why does he continually throw extremely short routes that don't even give us a chance for 1st downs on 3rd downs

Because our OL cant give our receivers time to get down field, where you been, does someone got to tell you we got major O-LINE PROLEMS.:thud:

What games have you been watching?

Send his ass to the showers.... he is not mentally smart enough to play SEC football.. He is that C USA brand Dooley recruited...

Worley is awful but you might want to reconsider dogging Dooley for recruiting him. He had offers from UF, LSU, ND, FSU and Stanford. But I wouldn't expect any of the Butch adorer's to actually have a clue about what kind of "talent" we have on the team. It's easier to stick you head in the sand and blame everything on the past rather than question your idol just once.

VN Store

Back