Dobbs worked with the 1s today!

Even if that was true I'm not sure I want to think about it. Also maybe I need to rewatch all of Dobbs games but I really don't get where the optimism flows forth about him. Could just be me he clearly has a loyal following. Especially post Ferg.

The optimism is he can get yards with his feet, is 6'4 235, is smart and can throw the ball 60 yards downfield with ease (recall the announcers when he let his first ball loose at Bama). It's not a following or loyal following, it's looking at guys like Dak Prescott that are in the Heisman race that weren't forced into playing as a true freshman and couldn't beat out another qb for 3 years, much less in a new system for the entire team, and understanding judging a kid on his freshman yr lacks perspective.

Reactions: 4 people
The freshman who was respectable in his debut.
Josh Dobbs
Passing 5 games
72-121-59.5% 695 yards 6 int 2 TD

Rushing 5 games
38 att 189 yds 5.0 avg 2 TD

Reactions: 1 person
The article says that Dobbs didn't come in because of the redshirt. That is not a Butch Jones quote. That assumes facts not in evidence. (Reading what you want to read).
The fact is Dobbs was not being redshirted till he got passed by Peterman.

The Good news for you Dobbites is It looks like Butch is looking at the situation again this week. It will be interesting to see if there's a change in the depth chart.

If there's not will you freak out?

Also, Jones doesn't need to directly say that's the reason Dobbs didn't go in. The article says that Jones says " In a perfect world, Dobbs will be redshirted." I don't think Jones just said that out the middle of no where. I'm sure someone asked him something along the lines of "Why was Peterman put in instead of Dobbs after Worley went out with an injury?"

Did you not see the post earlier that had an article referencing Butch himself saying "In a perfect world Dobbs will be redshirted."

I may think you've lost your mind whem you believe Peterman is capable of being an SEC QB.

Dobbs has an SEC win. Does Peterman even have an SEC touchdown?
You do realize that Peterman was in for a total of only 3 series against Georgia. The first series, he drove the team 30 yards until a fumble between him and Lane stopped the drive. The next 2 drives started at the Tenn 9 and Tenn 20.

Against Ole Miss, he was in for 4 running plays at the end of the game to run out the clock. That is a hard way to pick up a TD. I believe those 2 games this year, and the Florida game last year when he broke his hand has been his whole SEC experience. I think that he has only had 2 legitimate chances to score a td in an SEC game, but I am not positive. The first series at Florida last year, and the first series at Georgia this year.

It is hard to score from the bench, and every qb who has ever played has failed to score on an opportunity or two. Give the kid a chance. Let him try to score against an easy team before you condemn him.

It's not like the team has scored a td against an SEC team in the last 2 games, and that isn't Peterman's fault, is it?

Reactions: 3 people
The optimism is he can get yards with his feet, is 6'4 235, is smart and can throw the ball 60 yards downfield with ease (recall the announcers when he let his first ball loose at Bama). It's not a following or loyal following, it's looking at guys like Dak Prescott that are in the Heisman race that weren't forced into playing as a true freshman and couldn't beat out another qb for 3 years, much less in a new system for the entire team, and understanding judging a kid on his freshman yr lacks perspective.
His feet also take the pressure off of the offensive line. The defense can no longer go full bore after the quarterback or after the running back on a running play. They have to worry about that extra gap that Butch Jones always says a running quarterback creates!

Reactions: 2 people
Even if that was true I'm not sure I want to think about it. Also maybe I need to rewatch all of Dobbs games but I really don't get where the optimism flows forth about him. Could just be me he clearly has a loyal following. Especially post Ferg.

It's not necessarily that there's a ton of optimism about Dobbs from last year's body of work, although I do think he showed flashes at times both running and throwing.
It's that WHEN COMPARED TO PETERMAN'S performances thus far, Dobbs is the far better option.

You do realize that Peterman was in for a total of only 3 series against Georgia. The first series, he drove the team 30 yards until a fumble between him and Lane stopped the drive. The next 2 drives started at the Tenn 9 and Tenn 20.

Against Ole Miss, he was in for 4 running plays at the end of the game to run out the clock. That is a hard way to pick up a TD. I believe those 2 games this year, and the Florida game last year when he broke his hand has been his whole SEC experience. I think that he has only had 2 legitimate chances to score a td in an SEC game, but I am not positive. The first series at Florida last year, and the first series at Georgia this year.

It is hard to score from the bench, and every qb who has ever played has failed to score on an opportunity or two. Give the kid a chance. Let him try to score against an easy team before you condemn him.

It's not like the team has scored a td against an SEC team in the last 2 games, and that isn't Peterman's fault, is it?

While what you say may be true, I've seen no evidence that even suggests Peterman can drive the ball downfield.

So did Crompton till he played
So did Colman till he played
So did Banks.....
So did Leak.....
So did.............

Just give me the best QB.

I'm with you on this. I don't like or dislike any of them. I will say I believe it was time for a QB change regardless at least for one game. I do hate that it came at possibly the expense of Worley's season. He's been a damn trooper this year.

Also, Jones doesn't need to directly say that's the reason Dobbs didn't go in. The article says that Jones says " In a perfect world, Dobbs will be redshirted." I don't think Jones just said that out the middle of no where. I'm sure someone asked him something along the lines of "Why was Peterman put in instead of Dobbs after Worley went out with an injury?"

And if asked he wouldn't say because he's not as good as peterman

He would use coach speak to not hurt feelings on the team by saying something like "we hope to......"
Never mind

You're right. Dobbs is the greatest QB prospect we've had since Brent Schafer.

And if asked he wouldn't say because he's not as good as peterman

He would use coach speak to not hurt feelings on the team by saying something like "we hope to......"
Never mind

You're right. Dobbs is the greatest QB prospect we've had since Brent Schafer.

Now you're putting words into my mouth because I proved you wrong. I didn't say Dobbs was our best QB prospect since Schafer.

I said Jones said himelf we were trying to redshirt Dobbs, in which you replied that I was reading want I to.

I then post the article that says those exact words and you still try to discredit my argument.

It's okay, keep making stuff up.

Now you're putting words into my mouth because I proved you wrong. I didn't say Dobbs was our best QB prospect since Schafer.

I said Jones said himelf we were trying to redshirt Dobbs, in which you replied that I was reading want I to.

I then post the article that says those exact words and you still try to discredit my argument.

It's okay, keep making stuff up.

Lulz.
I was taking a shot at you with the Schafer thing. How did his carrier at ut go?

I get the mobility aspect. I get the knocks on Peterman too but the same slack extended to Dobbs "improving" seems to be not provided to Peterman by those that like Dobbs. I personally thought Peterman looked ok this year all things considered.

My one knock on Dobbs or really any of the DT QB'S especially when young or inexperienced is that they can sometimes pull and run too soon to the detriment of the passing game and the offense as a whole. I could easily see that with our weak oline. Maybe it would provide a spark, or just a bunch more sacks and tfl, idk.

And you're still reading what you want to read.
Dobbs may win the job. If he does then I say put him out there. My problem with you guys is you think CBJ would lose a game (GA) to save a redshirt

And you're still reading what you want to read.
Dobbs may win the job. If he does then I say put him out there. My problem with you guys is you think CBJ would lose a game (GA) to save a redshirt

I don't think Jones wanted to lose the game to reserve the redshirt. I imagine Jones didn't think Peterman's performance would go down like it did.

I don't think Jones wanted to lose the game to reserve the redshirt. I imagine Jones didn't think Peterman's performance would go down like it did.

So you're saying that CBJ thought Peterman was the best option to win the game?

And we're done here.

Woohoo you caught the dyslexic guy in a mistake.
It's usually at this point that I turn off auto correct.

I don't use autocorrect anyways. Spelling without the assistance of a computer helps me learn better. Forces me to memorize ways to spell it, instead of having something else do it for me.

So you're saying that CBJ thought Peterman was the best option to win the game?

And we're done here.

I never said Jones didn't think that. He may think Peterman's the better option for now, but Dobbs is the better answer down the road. Hence the redshirt.

While what you say may be true, I've seen no evidence that even suggests Peterman can drive the ball downfield.
In his first series against Georgia, he took the team 30 yards from the U.T. 41 to the Georgia 21 in 7 plays, and completed a 3rd and 13 pass to Josh Malone for a first down to keep the drive alive. I thought that he looked good.

Then he was backed up at his 9 yard line the next time, and wound up getting blitzed and sacked, which is not unusual this year. Same thing the next, and his last series.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't use autocorrect anyways. Spelling without the assistance of a computer helps me learn better. Forces me to memorize ways to spell it, instead of having something else do it for me.

Wele wthiout autocorrcet posting becoumes problematic to thoes of us who struggel with deslexcia.

It's not something you learn your way out of.

VN Store

Back