Dobbs worked with the 1s today!

If you actually believe this, then Jones is a complete moron and should be shown the door.

Butch could be a phenomenal coach and STILL make goofy decisions related to quarterbacks. Brendon Kay was I believe a redshirt junior during Butch's last year with Cincy. He had thrown 8 passes in 2 previous seasons and only 2 passes going into game 8. He closed out the Syracuse game 3 for 3 with a score and in the final 5 games did this: 86 of 136 (63%), 1282 yds (14.9 per completion!), 10 tds, 2 ints. That includes 332 and 4 scores against Duke in the Belk Bowl. Last year he hit 66% of his passes for 3200 yards.

However, he never would have played if Munchie Legaux hadn't had a 3 game stretch of 39 of 86 (45.3%), 503 yds, 2 tds and 6 ints.

The "Dobbs must be worse or he'd be playing" logic just doesn't hold water. First, because, as you can see above, coaches are sometimes wrong. And second, because "it's a process" means sometimes doing what's best for the overall state of the program. Imagine, for the sake of argument, that Dobbs is currently, by the coaches' assessment, better than either Worley or Peterman, but only marginally better. The possibility that Dobbs, given an extra year, could develop even more, makes the team three years from now even stronger. I'm assuming Butch plans to be here three years from now. In that scenario, a redshirt for Dobbs makes perfect sense.

Reactions: 3 people
More obfuscations and misdirection. Don't feel bad. It's become epidemic among the anti-Peterman crowd.

So a source has now been cited that says that they hoped and intended to RS Dobbs.

Again.... and only a moron would continue to argue against this... I am not "anti" anyone. If Worley can't go then I want to see the guy who can lead the team to wins. Period. Your agenda appears to be very different.

If that guy is Peterman then so be it. If it is Dobbs then so be it. But from EVERY moment of live play we've seen from the two... Dobbs is by far the best option.

I feel bad for Peterman. But he just has not gotten it done when he had the chance.

Reactions: 2 people
So a source has now been cited that says that they hoped and intended to RS Dobbs.

Again.... and only a moron would continue to argue against this... I am not "anti" anyone. If Worley can't go then I want to see the guy who can lead the team to wins. Period. Your agenda appears to be very different.

If that guy is Peterman then so be it. If it is Dobbs then so be it. But from EVERY moment of live play we've seen from the two... Dobbs is by far the best option.

I feel bad for Peterman. But he just has not gotten it done when he had the chance.
I seriously wanna see what this guy comes up with next.

Hint:It contains FACTS

Some see this as Dobbs is the better QB and Butch playing for the future.
One could take it as Dobbs isn't anywhere near ready and it would be perfect to not put him in a game at this time.

If you have a QB who is not going to start then it makes perfect sense to save a year of eligibility rather than waste it on mop up. You can always pull the RS if you need him to play.

Reactions: 1 person
Dobbs isn't going from third string to starter unless Peterman is injured or kidnapped.

The back up is an emergency option if the starter gets hurt or hands the ball off in mop up time.

You and others are reading into this that Peterman is considered the better player by the coaching staff because he's the back up. That isn't necessarily true. They want to RS Dobbs to preserve a year of eligibility. They've already RS'd Peterman making he and Dobbs both Sophs. Why would they want or need two QB's that will leave at the same time if they don't have to? Answer: They wouldn't.

You CANNOT simultaneously try to give a kid a RS AND use him as the back up... but that does NOT mean he isn't better than the guy who is the back up.

Reactions: 2 people
Why do you think Dobbs is a better runner?
I bet I know why. LOL

Actually, Peterman is quite fast, has powerful legs, known to be a runner in HS and has shown some of that here. That's one reason why Jones recruited him for this offense at Cinci.

Dobbs ran some last year, so he's OK. He runs awkwardly, but he did fine.

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

Good call.

Reactions: 1 person
I was just givin you a hard time. I do wonder what made them pull Peterman so quickly. He didn't look like the same Peterman from Florida or Georgia.

They said it was planned.

Whatever the case, Peterman isn't seeing the field again unless Dobbs gets hurt.

Look, Dobbs has not even sniffed the field as of yet, seven games into the season. Are you so smitten with this guy, that all reason, logic and common sense has left you? Again, there is a reason he is not playing! Why is that so hard for you and the rest to understand? Just like the rest of you I have no idea what the real story is. I am only going by what I was told, but I do have enough common sense to know that THERE IS A REASON HE IS NOT PLAYING AND IS BEHIND PETERSON! You can't wish or want it to happen!

I hope like hell he is the next super star stud QB that you all (including myself) want him to be! If it happens it will not be this year.

:shades: :zeitung_lesen:

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back