Dobbs worked with the 1s today!

Read closely and stop acting like a moron. I LIKE THEM BOTH. IMO the only punk in the group quit... like a punk. Dobbs from everything I have read is a very smart, high character kid who works hard at everything he does. Peterman is every bit of that. I am NOT anti anyone... just honest about what I have seen and read. Dobbs during the scant portion of August practice we were allowed to see had issues overthrowing. He gained about 25 lbs over the course of the off season... so that's kind of understandable. Two months of daily practice is a LONG time to resolve that.

No. You simply want to build a story for some reason.. maybe you're a racist based on your suggestion in the other post... that Peterman "won" the # 2 spot.

When the two have played in live action... including the O&W game... Dobbs has been better. Ignore that.

More obfuscations and misdirection. Don't feel bad. It's become epidemic among the anti-Peterman crowd.

Last edited:
Me too.....plus I memorize phone #'s, it's so much fun.
I do too, and I don't use a calculator. I add, subtract, multiply, and divide in my head. I really mess people up when I give them change to get back the fewest bills and coins possible.

I'd say it was the 5 yards per carry which includes sacks, 14 of his 38 carries gaining first downs, 12 were for more than 10 yards, there was the 40 yarder against Kentucky and the 33 yarder against Missouri.

AmBearPig can't give that to you sorry...it's because he's a " dirty African-American". :no:

Reactions: 2 people
That'd be a fine opinion if it was an informed one. You, nor I, know if Dobbs can ball or not.
Plenty of people wanted jancek and Willy gone before he got here and their opinions were uninformed as well, apparently. I heard the same stuff. No way he makes it. He sucks. Got fired by richt. Only here to recruit and bring in a better coach, blah, blah, blah.
I'm not sure how we got off onto the topic of Jancek, but the fact remains, there is no elite QB on the current roster.

It is what it is.
That's how it played out.

If Dobbs was the better QB Butch would have played him.

Agree completely.
If Dobbs is the best shot we have at winning now and Butch tried redshirting him because Dobbs' family wanted it as some claim?
Show Butch the door now.

Tweet from John Brice of VolQuest.....was in the same article

. @UTCoachJones says we'll see how it goes (on redshirting @josh_dobbs1) but says in perfect world Dobbs would redshirt. #Vols

Some see this as Dobbs is the better QB and Butch playing for the future.
One could take it as Dobbs isn't anywhere near ready and it would be perfect to not put him in a game at this time.

Reactions: 1 person
Some see this as Dobbs is the better QB and Butch playing for the future.
One could take it as Dobbs isn't anywhere near ready and it would be perfect to not put him in a game at this time.

May not be ready yet, but he's light years ahead of Peterman based on actual gameday performances.

Some could also see a redshirt for Dobbs as Jones investing an additional year in the kid cause he thinks he can play in the future. If he thinks the kid can't play, why not just let him go ahead and burn his eligibility sooner rather than later..... after all, he has 2 qbs coming in next year and at least one in 2016.

Reactions: 2 people
May not be ready yet, but he's light years ahead of Peterman based on actual gameday performances.

Some could also see a redshirt for Dobbs as Jones investing an additional year in the kid cause he thinks he can play in the future. If he thinks the kid can't play, why not just let him go ahead and burn his eligibility sooner rather than later..... after all, he has 2 qbs coming in next year and at least one in 2016.

But?...Butch held a press conference and announced that Peterman was clearly better and a SOLID #2. :)

You do realize that Peterman was in for a total of only 3 series against Georgia. The first series, he drove the team 30 yards until a fumble between him and Lane stopped the drive. The next 2 drives started at the Tenn 9 and Tenn 20.

Against Ole Miss, he was in for 4 running plays at the end of the game to run out the clock. That is a hard way to pick up a TD. I believe those 2 games this year, and the Florida game last year when he broke his hand has been his whole SEC experience. I think that he has only had 2 legitimate chances to score a td in an SEC game, but I am not positive. The first series at Florida last year, and the first series at Georgia this year.

It is hard to score from the bench, and every qb who has ever played has failed to score on an opportunity or two. Give the kid a chance. Let him try to score against an easy team before you condemn him.

It's not like the team has scored a td against an SEC team in the last 2 games, and that isn't Peterman's fault, is it?

Stop using logic.

VN Store

Back