You know, I've been a UT...

I think the OP is like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin to show up.

.....there's a Fulmer joke in there somewhere.

T'was the 4th Saturday in October
And throughout all the campus
Sounds of Rocky Top filled the air
Neyland was raucous
With me in my orange power-T
My wife in hers too
It was a magical feeling
Of what Tennessee was about to do
With Worley on the bench
And Hurd with the flu
I began to sweat wondering
What the hell will we do
Then out of the stands
There rose such a clamer
I sprang from my seat
To see what's the matter
When to my amazement
Josh Dobbs did appear
With Pearson and North
The time was here
The defense was on fire
They sacked Sims seven times
Magitt, Johnson, and Mabin
OH! What a sight
And just when you thought
We were playing lights out
Sutton stole a pass
And took it to the house
Rocky Top played
As the goal post came down
Dobbs led the band
While Butch was carried around
They lit the cigars
And smoked them all night
Butch told them to savor the victory
You made TENNESSEE proud this night!

Reactions: 9 people
that's just great.....now I'll have to find something to do after half time. Was it weather or what that has cancelled the 2nd half ?

We want beat a ranked team like Bama at home no matter how hard you wish for it. A win will not be in Saturday's forecast for us against the red team. Go shopping with the wife/gf because during the 2nd half we will have no more to show on offense. Sorry if the truth hurts. I hate losing as much as anyone too.

Last edited:
I like this thread. It's about what could happen on any given day. Kind of like the 85 sugar bowl where we weren't given a chance in h3ll of winning. Go Big O!!
:thud:

Reactions: 1 person
I like this thread. It's about what could happen on any given day. Kind of like the 85 sugar bowl where we weren't given a chance in h3ll of winning. Go Big O!!
:thud:

We want have a chance to pull a win today either. We just aren't good enough on offense to go head-to-head with these type of teams yet. Got to face the facts. I'll be rooting for the Vols too just as much as anyone on this board but it will be futile to think that we will pull out a win here against Saban's team.

We want have a chance to pull a win today either. We just aren't good enough on offense to go head-to-head with these type of teams yet. Got to face the facts. I'll be rooting for the Vols too just as much as anyone on this board but it will be futile to think that we will pull out a win here against Saban's team.

Glad we have a voice of reason to point out the obvious to us. Would hate to get my feelings hurt. Appreciate you taking the time to repeatedly crap on every positive thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Glad we have a voice of reason to point out the obvious too us. Would hate to get my feelings hurt. Appreciate you taking the time to repeatedly crap on every positive thread.

Sorry to dash your hopes for a victory. Scream & root all you want for a win....but it want be today though. We have no offense to play against Bama. A pig Howard sweep right or left will not be enough today. We have no running game either because of our O-line.

It's college football so yes it could happen. Us being the happy recipients is like winning the lottery. Our luck has been running a little low for a few years now so I'm not holding my breath.

Sorry to dash your hopes for a victory. Scream & root all you want for a win....but it want be today though. We have no offense to play against Bama. A pig Howard sweep right or left will not be enough today. We have no running game either because of our O-line.

You missed the point. This thread isn't about what you"want" because we "won't" be on the same page.

Reactions: 2 people
You missed the point. This thread isn't about what you"want" because we "won't" be on the same page.

You missed the point of not reading correctly. Why the hate man? Because I have a different opinion on the outcome for this game? I want a win just like you. But, I only see the facts & the fact is......we aren't good enough on offense to beat Alabama this year.

You missed the point of not reading correctly. Why the hate man? Because I have a different opinion on the outcome for this game? I want a win just like you. But, I only see the facts & the fact is......we aren't good enough on offense to beat Alabama this year.

I think the reason posts like this are drawing more ire from fellow members is this. It is absolutely impossible for anyone to start a thread that is intended to be a positive "wouldn't it be nice if we won" post without a certain group completely blowing it up. Most understand the actual situation, but like to be positive about the team. If we win, OUTSTANDINGLY FANTASTIC. If we lose, the world will not end and the team will go on.

Please let at least one feel good post go without trying to bring the the DOOM and GLOOM!!!! If you don't feel the same way, start another post rather than crapping on this one. :)

I think the reason posts like this are drawing more ire from fellow members is this. It is absolutely impossible for anyone to start a thread that is intended to be a positive "wouldn't it be nice if we won" post without a certain group completely blowing it up. Most understand the actual situation, but like to be positive about the team. If we win, OUTSTANDINGLY FANTASTIC. If we lose, the world will not end and the team will go on.

Please let at least one feel good post go without trying to bring the the DOOM and GLOOM!!!! If you don't feel the same way, start another post rather than crapping on this one. :)

By all means....Go Vols Beat Alabama :dance2: :dance2: Does that help put a smile on anybody's face?

Fans are people who enthusiastically support their team. Some on here truly believe that they are fans but actually only enjoy complaining about "their" team. They talk about the Vols like I talk about Vanderbilt...and I NEVER have anything good to say about Vanderbilt.

Fans are people who enthusiastically support their team. Some on here truly believe that they are fans but actually only enjoy complaining about "their" team. They talk about the Vols like I talk about Vanderbilt...and I NEVER have anything good to say about Vanderbilt.

Negative. Some just state facts & live in reality. You actually think TN will win today?

Negative. Some just state facts & live in reality. You actually think TN will win today?

Maybe you need to re-read my post with comprehension.

I thought I was clear when I said that some "ONLY enjoy complaining" about the Vols. I didn't recall saying that fans shouldn't occasionally voice complaints. I was addressing those supposed Vol fans that NEVER do anything but complain, and there are plenty of them on here. I don't think some people are satisfied unless they have a gripe.

I hope the game doesn't appear as if horses playing with pony's
Go Pony's/Vol's/horses?

My prayer of the day:

Lord I know none of the experts give us a chance, because we’re young and rebuilding. They all say Bama is just too strong and they gonna give us a whippin, but I ask that you show them all to be wrong and the headlines read VOLS CRUSH KIFFIN!!!

Reactions: 3 people
My prayer of the day:

Lord I know none of the experts give us a chance, because we’re young and rebuilding. They all say Bama is just too strong and they gonna give us a whippin, but I ask that you show them all to be wrong and the headlines read VOLS CRUSH KIFFIN!!!

Amen my brother!

VN Store

Back